Integration with Other Components

14 years 11 months ago #95004 by Storeman
Integration with Other Components was created by Storeman
Firstly, congratulations and thank you to the CB Team on the release of CB Subs and I hope it is a great success for you / CB Community members & developers.:cheer:

I note from the CB Subs overview that there is great possibility for linking and controlling other components via integration plugins or SQL.

It further states that you have SQL for Sobi - please can you expand on what is possible for Sobi ? Can I control listing levels - e.g. Free / Silver / Gold which are then a series of increasing options to customise the sobi listing for example ?

The video demo explains further but without seeing more information / documentaion on 3rd party components it is difficult to commit to purchase. Also, another site I manage uses Ads Manager - can SQL work with Ads Manager to manage Ads Packages ?

Many thanks in anticipation of your response .

Cheers

Always trying to improve !!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #95014 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Integration with Other Components
www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/63/75/

Anything that is possible with a query is possible with the SQL plugin. It supports substitutions so things like grabbing username or userid or even a field value is a possible.

Whether it be updating, deleting, or inserting. They all are at your fingertips.

What are your desired features for a SOBI2 integration plugin?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #95038 by Storeman
Replied by Storeman on topic Re:Integration with Other Components
Thanks for the speedy response. Much appreciated ! The overview of what I want to achieve is:

2 types of users and ACL required - Buyer / Seller

Buyer registers and is made registered user with CB /Forum access (which the site is set up like this at present). Ideally this user will register via a specific buyer registrations page. Not much workflow to change for buyer type other than specific registration page.

Seller must register via seller registration page to add sobi listing and I want to automatically assign special user level. (At present, special user level is controlled in admin as the registration process via CB only allows for auto assign to registered level. Sobi and Ads CB tab / plugin active at present).

Seller would have options to:

1.Place Free single Sobi Listing with certain field parameters
2.Purchase Silver single sobi Listing with additional listing parameters and time period
3. Purchase Gold sobi single listing with additional listing parameters including Featured options.
4. Purchase Platinum which is x sobi listings with additional listing parameters
The above purchased listings 2-4 to have option to auto publish once paid (sobi does not have IPN etc. for automatic publish of listing on payment)
5. All levels can purchase Ads Package of A, B, C which are controlled in Ads Manager module. Possibly bundle ad packages together in other seller subscription types
6. Seller can upgrade listing at any time

I hope the above makes sense and thanks in advance if you can steer me in the right direction or confirm that CB Subs can acheive this.

Cheers

14 years 11 months ago #95078 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Integration with Other Components
I can't say for sure without further looking into the request. At first glance it's somewhat possible, but SOBI2 doesn't keep track of say user groups like remository or docman does. So you can't simply reassign a user to a group that gives them more access. SOBI2 works on an entry by entry basis with its own built in payment system.

What you're wanting I believe would require a custom CBSubs plugin as well as editing of SOBI2, but again I can't say for sure as I've not attempted this.

Out of the box the SQL plugin can do something such as on plan activation publish XYZ users listings. This would work well with "Merchandise". Allowing users to add as many listings as they want (or however many you limit via SOBI2). Then publishing them by purchasing a publish package through CBSubs. This is just an example. SQL plugin is just that, SQLs. It runs a query as if you ran it in say PHP, but it's based of a plans activity (subscribed/unsubscribed).

You can find SOBI2 and other SQL plugin examples here .

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/04/15 18:15

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #95095 by klp29
Replied by klp29 on topic Re:Integration with Other Components
Perhaps also see integration like the one you're talking about here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,95094/catid,89/

14 years 11 months ago #95099 by Storeman
Replied by Storeman on topic Re:Integration with Other Components
Thanks both for your reply.

The options for publishing entries on payment of subscription plans seems like it would be the way forward without more development re plugin.

KLP 29 - thanks for the link. What you are doing is more or less what I need for Sobi - (I know it's a different directory component). Did you configure CB Subs to achieve your Mosets subscriptions and workflow with the standard CB Subs application or did you need a bespoke Mosets plugin ? Thanks - I am trying to establish how much CB Subs will achieve within core configuration / toolset rather than creating a full plugin. (It's great that CB Subs has a robust and flexible plugin system but time is against me at present).

I appreciate your feedback so far.

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn