hide/show menu items for subscribers?

14 years 11 months ago #95899 by studiosoho
hide/show menu items for subscribers? was created by studiosoho
Is it possible to show/hide menu items for subscribers?

for example, i would like to give my clients the ability to manage their web control panel from my website.

Ideally, they could 'subscribe' to their webhost or control panel. So anyone hosting with 'godaddy' would 'subscribe' to the godaddy page and then a menu item would appear in their dashboard that said 'godaddy login'. Another customer might have HostGator (cpanel), they would get a menu item that said 'cpanel login' etc.

Is that possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #95934 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:hide/show menu items for subscribers?
studiosoho wrote:

Is it possible to show/hide menu items for subscribers?

for example, i would like to give my clients the ability to manage their web control panel from my website.

Ideally, they could 'subscribe' to their webhost or control panel. So anyone hosting with 'godaddy' would 'subscribe' to the godaddy page and then a menu item would appear in their dashboard that said 'godaddy login'. Another customer might have HostGator (cpanel), they would get a menu item that said 'cpanel login' etc.

Is that possible?

You have 2 possibilities:

A) have menu item visible, but access by it would be protected, showing a subscription page when you click on it (either upgrade if logged in, or "login or register" if you are not logged in), and it will compute and only show the plans which really give access to that menu item.

B) put the menu item into a separate menu/module, and then hide the module (and the menu) depending on the plan.

- hiding a single menu item within a menu depending on plan isn't possible without hacking if I recall correctly. But the 2 possibilities above should be ok, e.g. if you don't display module title, you can have modules adjacently invisible.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96308 by revjb
Replied by revjb on topic Re:hide/show menu items for subscribers?
This is a bit of a downer for CBSubs. I was hoping that since it incorporates ACL I would be able to replace JUGA, but CBSubs doesn't seem to have the same level of control over menu/module items and custom groups.

Please let me know if I am incorrect... I can definitely control menu items through JUGA (and I didn't think JUGA was a hack).

Also, will CBSubs work with JUGA? I am guessing no...

14 years 11 months ago #97410 by beat
I didn't try JUGA. But if you try...please let us know if it works...

There is always room for improvement. But here we are already quite advanced, as the only thing that is not controllable by CBSubs directly at this time on a joomla page is the appearance or not of menu items (but clicks on menu items can be controlled).

However, CBSubs controls user level for any level which is in the joomla core table. So if you use something to create them (or create them by hand using the joomla-documented method), then you should be able to do some extra-control here.

That said, i've added that feature-request to our list, and will do a second check on feasability later.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/05/03 01:35

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #101089 by cudell
Replied by cudell on topic Re:hide/show menu items for subscribers?
Could you go over option #2, creating a menu/module. and then hiding it via subscription type? I know where to limit access and retain visibility (option 1), but do not know how/where you would configure a module/menu to be hidden... or rather ... visible exclusively to a subscription type.
Thanks!

Also, out of curiosity, what/how would be said "hack" mentioned above and would it be non-destructive editing?

-Chet

14 years 9 months ago #104404 by beat
cudell wrote:

Could you go over option #2, creating a menu/module. and then hiding it via subscription type? I know where to limit access and retain visibility (option 1), but do not know how/where you would configure a module/menu to be hidden... or rather ... visible exclusively to a subscription type.
Thanks!

Also, out of curiosity, what/how would be said "hack" mentioned above and would it be non-destructive editing?

-Chet

Ok, sorry for a little late reply missed that thread update...

put the menu item into a separate menu/module, and then hide the module (and the menu) depending on the plan:

1) create new menu module (copy existing one)
2) put the menu item into that separate menu/module
3) then in plan edit content integration tab (you need the content integration plugin), hide the module (and the menu) depending on the plan by making that plan control visibility of that module.

That will in fact hide the menu item if you don't have the plan.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn