Questions regarding access

14 years 11 months ago #96022 by ford
Questions regarding access was created by ford
Hi guys!

I'm considering purchasing your product (it sounds brilliant) but I need some clarification before doing so.

First, a really really basic question. My proposed site structure is like this:

1) Non-registered : only access parts of Joomla that allow non-registered users
2) Registered, trial account: A non-registered user can create a trial acocunt that gives access to all (or some) areas, but time-limited to xx days. After expiration, when user logs in, he/she is redirected to subscription renewal process. If not renewing, only allow access as if user was non-registered (situation 1)
3) Registered, paying customer: access all areas, time-limited. At expiry, proceed like in situation 2.

Is this possible?

Secondly, I want to write a module to a certain payment gateway. Is this allowed?

Cheers

Ford

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96039 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Questions regarding access
ford wrote:

Hi guys!

Hi Ford!!! long time no see ;)

I'm considering purchasing your product (it sounds brilliant) but I need some clarification before doing so.

First, a really really basic question. My proposed site structure is like this:

it is brilliant!
Let's take thing a question at a time.

1) Non-registered : only access parts of Joomla that allow non-registered users

nothing special here - Joomla does this for you.

2) Registered, trial account: A non-registered user can create a trial acocunt that gives access to all (or some) areas, but time-limited to xx days. After expiration, when user logs in, he/she is redirected to subscription renewal process. If not renewing, only allow access as if user was non-registered (situation 1)
3) Registered, paying customer: access all areas, time-limited. At expiry, proceed like in situation 2.

Is this possible?

Could do this in a number of ways actually.

You can have your regular paid plan that has a first period as a trial period (could be free for X days). After that to renew the user would have to go for whatever regular period your plan dictates (and regular price of course)

Or you could actually create 2 different plans if you want. All of this is very doable and simple actually.

Secondly, I want to write a module to a certain payment gateway. Is this allowed?

Cheers

Ford

The API will open up for such extensions in version 1.1. Until then if you need something fast we would have to develop it for you - contact Beat or myself to discuss.

14 years 11 months ago #96261 by ford
Replied by ford on topic Re:Questions regarding access
Hi nant!

Nice to hear from you! Yes, it's been a long time. Busy busy, but still very active with CB - it's been the core of my business since early 2005. And what a joy to work with.

Good to hear about the plans. I need to start making some money out of my many hours spent :laugh: As long as an expired account denies access to anything but non-registered areas of Joomla, I'm happy.

Payment module: I had of course hoped that the API would be open for developers. I have a particular Danish gateway in mind, since it is also available as a module for Virtuemart. Additionally, the gateway will gladly open up a test account for free with little or no hassle. There are plenty of gateways to chose from, but this one is very reasonably priced (and no, I'm not affiliated with it in any way).

Ford

14 years 10 months ago #98170 by bornakke
Replied by bornakke on topic Re:Questions regarding access
Hi Nant and Ford.

I have just ordered my copy of CBsubs and reading the manual were simply making me more and more eager to get started with this exciting new product. Before even starting I have however the same problem that Ford is pointing out - and I even believe that it is the same gateway (epay.dk) that we need to integrate.

How is the ETA on such an integration or the launch of version 1.1 so we could do the work us self? Have Ford contacted you further?

Best regards
Tobias Bornakke

14 years 10 months ago #98191 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Questions regarding access
bornakke wrote:

Hi Nant and Ford.

I have just ordered my copy of CBsubs and reading the manual were simply making me more and more eager to get started with this exciting new product. Before even starting I have however the same problem that Ford is pointing out - and I even believe that it is the same gateway (epay.dk) that we need to integrate.

How is the ETA on such an integration or the launch of version 1.1 so we could do the work us self? Have Ford contacted you further?

Best regards
Tobias Bornakke

Yes, I'm in touch with Ford, and even got specs from epay.dk already.

I can't give an exact estimate, but epay.dk being helpful, and more and more requests from Denmark coming in, we will be upping its priority.

Right now we work by priorities and milestones, the goal being to have regular maintenance releases if needed, so some new features might go into a maintenance release if ready earlier, or miss the release if not ready. So I can't give a precise date, except that it's on features priority-list 2 out of 6 right now. It will most probably take more than a couple of weeks, but can't yet be more precise. CBSubs 1.0.1 seems extremely stable and bug-free so far, so time for new features is getting better.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #98213 by bornakke
Replied by bornakke on topic Re:Questions regarding access
Hi Beat.

Thank you for the quick message, which even with the uncertainty sounds like good news. Well just wanted to offer my assistance if it would speed up the process - am a average programmer with quite some years of joomla + CB experience. Well please PM me if it got you interest - otherwise I will just be doing what I can do - wait! :lol:

Best regards
Tobias

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn