templating

14 years 11 months ago #96355 by mike177
templating was created by mike177
Hello,
I run a residential real estate website. We are planning on templating it and reselling it. This would allow real estate agents to use our technology to server their clients (ie, home buyers and home sellers).

These templated websites will have their own URLs and their own customers, but our customers (the real estate agents) will not be selling any services (or, at least I am not envisioning it at this time) to their clients, the home shoppers.

1) How (if at all) would pricing of csubs be impacted in this scenario?

2) I presume that cbsubs can handle recurring billing?

3) one of my services to realtors is usage sensitive (think phone bill). I presume that cbsubs can handle this kind of usage billing scenario?

Many thanks,
Mike

Post edited by: mike177, at: 2009/04/24 15:48

Post edited by: mike177, at: 2009/04/24 15:57

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96452 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:templating
mike177 wrote:

Hello,
I run a residential real estate website. We are planning on templating it and reselling it. This would allow real estate agents to use our technology to server their clients (ie, home buyers and home sellers).

These templated websites will have their own URLs and their own customers, but our customers (the real estate agents) will not be selling any services (or, at least I am not envisioning it at this time) to their clients, the home shoppers.

1) How (if at all) would pricing of csubs be impacted in this scenario?

2) I presume that cbsubs can handle recurring billing?

3) one of my services to realtors is usage sensitive (think phone bill). I presume that cbsubs can handle this kind of usage billing scenario?

Many thanks,
Mike

Post edited by: mike177, at: 2009/04/24 15:48

Post edited by: mike177, at: 2009/04/24 15:57

1) normally 1 site license per installation (server+files location+database), if you have multiple urls for the site that's ok and counts as 1 site, provided the above do not change.

2) yes

3) depends how you implement it, to little info to reply.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96674 by mike177
Replied by mike177 on topic Re:templating
mike177 wrote:

Let me clarify my "phone bill" example...

I have a produce where a real estate agent buys a physical signs, which they will place in front of their house for sale. Each sign has a unique number on it. So, when the home shopper calls the phone number on the sign and inputs the unique code then you know which house they were calling about.

The bill might look like:
Agent ABC

call_1 Unique_code_1 call_time call_duration cost
call_2 Unique_code_1 call_time call_duration cost
call_3 Unique_code_1 call_time call_duration cost

call_1 Unique_code_2 call_time call_duration cost
call_2 Unique_code_2 call_time call_duration cost
call_3 Unique_code_2 call_time call_duration cost

I have all of the product functionality built and all the data is sitting in a MY SQL table.

Now, to bill for this service I need:
1) generate a recurring cost per month
2) generate a per minute charge for the service
3) generate special charges if a special flag is flipped per call in the database
4) promo codes (if I run a special)
5) volume discounts (a single agent uses 500 minutes instead of 5 minutes in a single month get 20% off their per minute price)
6) group discounts (If 100 agents buy 1000 unique codes under the brand of a single company, then I waive the monthly fee)

Do these 6 billing options exist in cbsubs?

Many thanks,
Mike

Post edited by: mike177, at: 2009/04/27 02:26

Post edited by: mike177, at: 2009/04/27 02:28

14 years 11 months ago #96693 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:templating
"1)" exists, the others don't exist, but could be an integration plugin. If you have a real development budget (4 digits), you are welcome to PM me exact specs for an estimate.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn