AdsManager: Classified Ads and Almondsoft Ads ?

14 years 11 months ago #96395 by owensg
Please accept my sincere apologies if you feel that this post should not be in this section and move this post to a different forum if needed.

I would like to setup a site similar to , and would like to use CB Subs to maintain it. However, I'm not an expert programmer in PHP / MySQL and wanted to know if anyone has a suggestion as to which classified ads components / extensions for Joomla! are out there that could be used to create such a beast. I have looked at AdsManager: Classified Ads and have been reading the wonderful reviews, but am a little worried about lack of documentation on the product and how I would make CB SUBS and AdsManager work together. I have also looked at almondsoft.com , www.almondsoft.com/alcl.html as an alternative as well, almondsoft appears to be more documented but am looking for more knowledgeable direction on which way to lean, considering my lack of programming abilities.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96400 by Rapunzl
Your best bet is finding one that has an integration plugin for CB... otherwise, you'll have to create one or have someone do it for you, unless you don't mind them being separate apps.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 11 months ago #96444 by beat
If you want CBSubs to manage listings or ads this is probably possible using simple SQL queries, which are executed on plan activation and deactivation.

Typically queries like those listed in this sub-forum:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,showcat/catid,90/

You will find those for MosetTree being probably most accurate.

Here a testimonial using MosetTree with the SQL integration plugin and the queries listed in the subforum above for ads management:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,95094/catid,89/

If you need specific queries designed for your application, or a specific integration plugin to be designed, you are welcome to co-sponsor with us the development of those. In that case you can PM (use small icon bottom left of this post) me if you need such a quote.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #100183 by video
Will it also work with Mosets Hot Property?

Regards,

Scott

14 years 8 months ago #104832 by krileon
video wrote:

Will it also work with Mosets Hot Property?

Yes, you may use the SQL plugin for any component you so desire. All need be is to write the query to perform whatever action you need it to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.985 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn