Nested subscriptions

14 years 11 months ago #97474 by bllogin
Nested subscriptions was created by bllogin
I need a subscription systen where a company would:

- first have to pay a one-time registration fee and then has to purchase a yearly subscription to gain acces to a site.
- then while being subscribed that company has the right to purchase lifelong subscriptions for their own customers. When the company subscription expires they no longer have access to the site and so are their customers.

Thus the subscription scheme is as follows:

- registration one-time for example € 100
- yearly company subscription for example €149
- when subscribed the company can purchase subscriptions for their customers for for example a € 49 one-time fee per person. They should only be able to subscribe their customers while their subscription is current.

Would that be possible and how?

Please advise.

Jos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #97605 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Nested subscriptions
bllogin wrote:

I need a subscription systen where a company would:

- first have to pay a one-time registration fee and then has to purchase a yearly subscription to gain acces to a site.
- then while being subscribed that company has the right to purchase lifelong subscriptions for their own customers. When the company subscription expires they no longer have access to the site and so are their customers.

Thus the subscription scheme is as follows:

- registration one-time for example € 100
- yearly company subscription for example €149
- when subscribed the company can purchase subscriptions for their customers for for example a € 49 one-time fee per person. They should only be able to subscribe their customers while their subscription is current.

Would that be possible and how?

Please advise.

Jos

In the question above, all is possible in CBSubs 1.0.1, except a user purchasing a subscription for another user, and expiring related subscriptions between users.

That was assuming company and their customers are each users on your site.

Otherwise, if it's just subscriptions of Company user, then Company can purchase multiple subscriptions, which would be children of their main subscription.

So visually it would look ok. Then you would need to integrate based on jos_cbsubs_subscriptions database records for now.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #97658 by bllogin
Replied by bllogin on topic Re:Nested subscriptions
I would need the Company to register such that I can prepare an invoice based upon the registration fields. I would assume that in CB that is not a problem.

The Customer subscription will have to be tied to a specific name. Based upon this name access will be given to another system. For now this is a manual process, but for now I need CBSubs to pass me the name of the Customer (in an email or such) when the Company adds another subscription for a new Customer. (lifetime 49,95 subscription).

Ideally the Company should be able to see in its subscriptions overview for what (named) Customers they have purchased subscription for.

Are there any plans for an Ideal payment processor (Dutch banks?)

14 years 11 months ago #97666 by beat
bllogin wrote:

I would need the Company to register such that I can prepare an invoice based upon the registration fields. I would assume that in CB that is not a problem.

The Customer subscription will have to be tied to a specific name. Based upon this name access will be given to another system. For now this is a manual process, but for now I need CBSubs to pass me the name of the Customer (in an email or such) when the Company adds another subscription for a new Customer. (lifetime 49,95 subscription).

Ideally the Company should be able to see in its subscriptions overview for what (named) Customers they have purchased subscription for.

Are there any plans for an Ideal payment processor (Dutch banks?)

You can use CB fields in the invoice using CB Substitutions.

You can not add options or text strings to subscriptions at this stage. We have it here for CBSubs subscription options. It's planed to be released in future, but not yet available.

The dutch "Ideal payment processor" is not in our first priorities list, so would be adapted on request only (and at cost).

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #99629 by bllogin
Replied by bllogin on topic Re:Nested subscriptions
I noticed that you have a license number in the CB Subs subscription in my profile. Is there any way I could use this or a similar mechanism to have a text field (name) entered at subscription time that keeps in the subscription in the profile?

14 years 11 months ago #99819 by beat
bllogin wrote:

I noticed that you have a license number in the CB Subs subscription in my profile. Is there any way I could use this or a similar mechanism to have a text field (name) entered at subscription time that keeps in the subscription in the profile?

Not at this stage, as this integration plugin is custom-made for our licensing.

However you can use a CB field for that purpose, and hide it when plan is not selected/subscribed (as long as it's not mandatory in registration in CBSubs 1.0.1).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn