Number of questions on CBSubs...

14 years 10 months ago #99810 by gosteen
Number of questions on CBSubs... was created by gosteen
I screwed up sent Nick, sorry Nick, an email instead of posting here.

The CBSubs looks like an outstanding module. Before investing I have a couple of questions.

I have a site that will have six groups Recruit, Player, Recruiter, Coach, Fan, and Parent. Initially all the groups will be voluntary donation. Is free/voluntary donation an option with CBSubs?

What I am trying to solve is:

1. Can I setup different groups for each of the above mentioned profiles and have them have access to only what I want them to have access to in both Joomla and Community Builder?

For example:

A. A recruit will have the ability to create a profile tab that includes several custom fields setup through community builder. They will also be able to upload a video, using Seyret, that will be viewable by coaches, recruiters, players, and parents but not the fan group.

B. I have several scenarios where I need to be able to restrict certain groups ability to view or even have particular tabs in the profiles of each group. An example the only group I want to have the ability to setup a player profile is the Recruit and player group.

2. I also have PHPBB that is running and a bridge product that works very well between community builder and PHPBB. Can Subs control this as well or can I just continue to use the PHPBB bridge?

3. Can CBSubs control Joomla content as well as CB content. I want each group to have its own Joomla content that is displayed when they login initially.

Lastly can I control access to other joomla and CB plugins like Seyret and the seyret tab through the CBSubs?

Thanks,

Gene

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #99818 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Number of questions on CBSubs...
gosteen wrote:

I screwed up sent Nick, sorry Nick, an email instead of posting here.

The CBSubs looks like an outstanding module. Before investing I have a couple of questions.

I have a site that will have six groups Recruit, Player, Recruiter, Coach, Fan, and Parent. Initially all the groups will be voluntary donation. Is free/voluntary donation an option with CBSubs?

What I am trying to solve is:

1. Can I setup different groups for each of the above mentioned profiles and have them have access to only what I want them to have access to in both Joomla and Community Builder?

For example:

A. A recruit will have the ability to create a profile tab that includes several custom fields setup through community builder. They will also be able to upload a video, using Seyret, that will be viewable by coaches, recruiters, players, and parents but not the fan group.

B. I have several scenarios where I need to be able to restrict certain groups ability to view or even have particular tabs in the profiles of each group. An example the only group I want to have the ability to setup a player profile is the Recruit and player group.

2. I also have PHPBB that is running and a bridge product that works very well between community builder and PHPBB. Can Subs control this as well or can I just continue to use the PHPBB bridge?

3. Can CBSubs control Joomla content as well as CB content. I want each group to have its own Joomla content that is displayed when they login initially.

Lastly can I control access to other joomla and CB plugins like Seyret and the seyret tab through the CBSubs?

Thanks,

Gene

If I understood correctly: yes it should allow you to do what you want above.

Regarding PHPBB, it will depend on your bridge actually. If bridge works fine with Community Builder, then it should work too with CBSubs.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #99821 by gosteen
Replied by gosteen on topic Re:Number of questions on CBSubs...
The bridge is:

Blogomunity's p8pBB bridge

and it works great. Allows me to wrap the phpbb into the MyCommunity template.

14 years 10 months ago #99844 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Number of questions on CBSubs...
gosteen wrote:

The bridge is:

Blogomunity's p8pBB bridge

and it works great. Allows me to wrap the phpbb into the MyCommunity template.

With CB Login module?

14 years 10 months ago #99891 by gosteen
Replied by gosteen on topic Re:Number of questions on CBSubs...
Yes, I use the CB module to login or create registrations and when I select forums I am automatically logged in to the PHPBB forums with my same username. The plugin has a wrap option that will allow me to set and the boards fit within the MyCommunity template. I assume it will do the same in any template as well.

Expensive for a plugin and licensed per site but well worth it in my opinion.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn