[#1318] Payment Slip Issues

14 years 8 months ago #106963 by bwarlick
[#1318] Payment Slip Issues was created by bwarlick
Our customers need to print out an invoice and mail it with their check.

#1. Why does cbSubs print a Payment slip instead of an invoice?

#2. Can the Payment slip be customized?

Thanks,
Brandon

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/11/11 14:23

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #106964 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Payment Slip Issues
Payment slip where? After an offline payment? Invoices are found on a users profile in the subscriptions tab. Invoices can be customized from CBSubs Settings on the display tab followed by Invoices tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #106972 by bwarlick
Replied by bwarlick on topic Re:Payment Slip Issues
If you choose Pay Offline, you will get a screen that says "Your membership for payment". The you have to click a link at the bottom that says "Click here to confirm that you are paying off-line and to display the Payment slip to print".

The payment slip is NOT the invoice. It is not formatted well at all. It does not even have the customer's name on it. Our customers are universities and they need to print an invoice that they can turn in and have paid via check.

Can the Payment Slip be customized or better yet, why can't the customer print an Invoice instead of the Payment slip? I know that they can print it out by going to their profile but that makes absolutely no sense at all.

14 years 8 months ago #106982 by krileon
You can control various aspects of the payment slip using language strings.

Example:
In: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptionsenglish/english.php
On: Line 402
[code:1]"Payment Slip No. " => "Payment Slip No. ",[/code:1]
To:
[code:1]"Payment Slip No. " => "Invoice No. ",[/code:1]

As far as not showing the persons name, you can change the Payment item text: for the plan on the Pricing tab to show the name.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #106985 by bwarlick
Replied by bwarlick on topic Re:Payment Slip Issues

As far as not showing the persons name, you can change the Payment item text: for the plan on the Pricing tab to show the name

That may help...

But, do you have any idea why cbSubs prints a Payment slip for the user to mail in instead of an Invoice?

14 years 8 months ago #106988 by krileon
Because you're meant to mail in the payment slip with your check, that's not supposed to be an invoice. It allows a user to mail in the slip with their check, money, or money order, etc...

Invoices are in the subscription tab of a users profile. The payment slip isn't for a users records, it's again to be sent with the payment, which is why it's a payment slip. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn