[#1318] Payment Slip Issues

14 years 8 months ago #108288 by cubby61
Replied by cubby61 on topic Re:Payment Slip Issues
I too would like to be able to customize the Payment slip. I have my invoice looking very nice with a company logo and a mailing address. Why can't the configuation of the Payment slip be the same?

If users are printing out the Payment slip so they can mail it in with their payment, why wouldn't there be a place for the address to where they should mail it be on the Payment slip?

I tried to find the file you referenced and I can't find it anywhere.

[code:1]Example:
In: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptionsenglish/english.php
On: Line 402[/code:1]

I have: /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language but the only folder under that is default_language. There is no cbpaidsubscriptions or cbpaidsubscriptionsenglish.

I realize this may just be a question of semantics or a language difference in different parts of the world, but I always thought an Invoice was something you paid and a receipt was something to prove you HAVE paid. So the invoice we can configure is really a receipt for a payment that has been made, and the Payment Slip is an invoice of something that still needs to be paid.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #108289 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Payment Slip Issues
You're not able to find the language plugin because you didn't install it. The plugin is included with the CBSubs package, please install the language package if you wish to change the language strings.

If you want to add address to send payment, etc... This can be done easily from editing the offline payment gateway then changing the Instructions Text:.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/08/17 16:27

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #115105 by Robert_ITMan
Replied by Robert_ITMan on topic Re:Payment Slip Issues
We have a problem with the offline payment when clicking the link “Click here to confirm that you are paying off-line and to display the Payment slip to print” (this link looks terrible - why no button?). First a dialog box opens that says something like “are you sure you want to pay off-line?” then the “payment slip” opens then ... NOTHING (no email sent no page saying “application received you can now login”... nothing). Please help! We think you have too much happening on the click her link. The print button should be a different option and really isn’t needed in our situation. The offline payment is not at all what we expected and we’re very disappointed as we need to start using this now and it just looks bad (wish we had tested it before now).

Also we would much prefer an invoice over a "payment slip".

Please advise how to update the offline payment so it is exactly like the the other payment types and instead of the "payment slip" they have a button to print the same invoice as .

Not arguing your explanation for why CBsubs has a packing slip and not an invoice -- we just don't have this need and would prefer a simpler world with having just the invoice as it is also available in the user's profile and a "payment slip" is not... which in our opinion only adds confusion and complexity to something that could have been so easy.

Don't get us wrong -- CBsubs is really great!

14 years 5 months ago #115106 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Payment Slip Issues
Robert_ITMan wrote:

We have a problem with the offline payment when clicking the link “Click here to confirm that you are paying off-line and to display the Payment slip to print” (this link looks terrible - why no button?). First a dialog box opens that says something like “are you sure you want to pay off-line?” then the “payment slip” opens then ... NOTHING (no email sent no page saying “application received you can now login”... nothing). Please help! We think you have too much happening on the click her link. The print button should be a different option and really isn’t needed in our situation. The offline payment is not at all what we expected and we’re very disappointed as we need to start using this now and it just looks bad (wish we had tested it before now).

Also we would much prefer an invoice over a "payment slip".

Please advise how to update the offline payment so it is exactly like the the other payment types and instead of the "payment slip" they have a button to print the same invoice as .

Not arguing your explanation for why CBsubs has a packing slip and not an invoice -- we just don't have this need and would prefer a simpler world with having just the invoice as it is also available in the user's profile and a "payment slip" is not... which in our opinion only adds confusion and complexity to something that could have been so easy.

Don't get us wrong -- CBsubs is really great!

Good point, understanding your need. Unfortunately I don't think you can remove completely that slip in CBsubs 1.0.3.

However, by editing the language strings (English->English "translation") you could at least put the message out a little more like you would like it.

I've added a Feature Request to make the offline payment workflow more parameterable ! :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 5 months ago #116616 by Robert_ITMan
Replied by Robert_ITMan on topic Re:Payment Slip Issues
beat wrote:

I've added a Feature Request to make the offline payment workflow more parameterable ! :)

Really appreciate the feature request - I'd be happy to help you write and test it.

13 years 10 months ago #135314 by Robert_ITMan
Replied by Robert_ITMan on topic Re:[#1318] Payment Slip Issues
Wondering when there might be an update to CBSubs that address this issue. We're up to date with version 1.0.3 and finding ourselves dealing with members who don't click on the payment slip link and finding ourselves receiving cheques and have nothing to receive their payment against under "pending baskets".

Looking through the Payment basket we see them with status "not initiated" and when we select it and click "Pay" (edit) IT LOOKS LIKE we can actually receive the payment... but when we enter out details and click "Pay" (save) it sometimes gives an nasty PHP ERROR when we go back into the payment center the payment is completed ... but the member / subscription was not activated..!? I think it only happens when someone already manually added and removed membership using Subscription / Membership Tab (since keep it unpublished under CB Tab Manager as it only causes problems).

Our work around is manually changing the user's password, logging in as them, completing the renewal as them (clicking on the payment slip link), then resetting their password and sending an email saying we're sorry for the trouble but you can now log in and change your password back.

This is still a minor issue for us... we still think CBSubs rocks!!

Post edited by: Robert_ITMan, at: 2010/06/10 23:41

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn