OpenSSL on godaddy.com?

14 years 6 months ago #112798 by fpetters
OpenSSL on godaddy.com? was created by fpetters
Hi, I am new to cb subs and am trying to get my site ready to add a subscription service.

How important is it have OpenSSL, CURL, and Ioncube on the site? I am using godaddy.com and am not sure if I can do OpenSSL. I can do ssl, but am not sure if this is the same thing.

I will be accepting payment via paypal at first and want to be able to take creditcards.

Does anyone know anything about using cb subs on godaddy.com? I hav an economy plan. Site is www.rationalinvestor.biz

thanks for any help/advice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #112833 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:OpenSSL on godaddy.com?
OpenSSL is one of the requirements for CBSubs, no workaround. Please ensure your host meets all requirements of CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #113032 by fpetters
Replied by fpetters on topic Re:OpenSSL on godaddy.com?
OK thanks for the info. I will be upgrading my plan with Godaddy so that I can have a virtual dedicated server. This should allow me to have OpenSSL on the server.

I have already purchased the CB Subs so I am looking forwards to getting the site up and running.

How difficult is it to install OpenSSL on the server? Is their a tutorial where I can learn more?

Thanks,

Fredrik

14 years 6 months ago #113057 by krileon
OpenSSL should be installed regardless of plan, in today's web hosting it's web standard to provide it as a PHP module (it's free anyway). I suggest contacting your web host for assistance on this matter.

www.openssl.org/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #113080 by fpetters
Replied by fpetters on topic Re:OpenSSL on godaddy.com?
Thanks again. I have spoken to godaddy an they don't have OpenSSL on their servers so I will have to install it. I will also need to install incube. Would you recomend another host? Thx

14 years 6 months ago #113081 by krileon
fpetters wrote:

Thanks again. I have spoken to godaddy an they don't have OpenSSL on their servers so I will have to install it. I will also need to install incube. Would you recomend another host? Thx

I would suggest a different host for your needs. Joomlapolis Hosting is a great solution as everything needed to run CB, Joomla, and CBSubs is prepared for you. Simply install and use.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds