[SOLVED] Set specific start date for membership

13 years 10 months ago #133998 by AlexRag
Is there a way to set the start date (validations) for the membership set-up? I am running a neigbourhood association and am using CB Subs to set up memberships.

The only issue I am running into is the term established by the association has an October to October cycle. Regardless of when members join, the renewal date is always October for 1 year lengths.

What's the best way to set this up? The only thing I can come up for the current list I have is to import the data with the date. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Alex

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/30 19:55

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #134212 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Set specific start date for membership
Custom expiration dates are not currently supported, nor is custom start dates. It is however on our list of "todos" and to hopefully be approved for implementation at a later date. Currently you can use CBSubs SQL Actions to perform a query and update the users expiration date to expire on October 1st causing them to have to renew on October 1st.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #134215 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Re:Set specific start date for membership
Thank you for the information. As I am somewhat new to your product, can you point me in the right direction with respect to CBSubs SQL Actions.

The only other thing I tried to play with was use the import tool to try and move the profiles to a new plan. During the import process it allows me the opportunity to change the date.

It's a tricky process as I have to unsubscribe them first.

Post edited by: AlexRag, at: 2010/05/29 17:55

13 years 9 months ago #134331 by krileon
Yes of course using import will work, but via CBSubs SQL Actions integration you can perform a query to update a users subscription to any expiration date you prefer. Please see the example query as follows.

[code:1]
UPDATE `#__cbsubs_subscriptions` SET `expiry_date` = '2010-10-01' WHERE `user_id` = [user_id] AND `plan_id` = ## AND `status` = 'A'
[/code:1]

Either method is sufficient, simply put one is automatic and the other must be done manually. You of course need to replace ## with the the actual plans id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #136765 by zach.schnackel
Replied by zach.schnackel on topic Re:Set specific start date for membership
Krileon,
I took a look at your code and I was just wondering, the [user_id] part, should that be replaced with just the number, or should it be like [74] <-- for example.

I'll probably have to run a query for each user I add in. But I'm assuming I could also try to set the registration date for the user back to a certain date (if I'm importing the users first with CBJuice - which I know you guys didn't make). But when I do that, the registration date is still set to today, even though I set it in the .csv as a former date.

Thanks!

13 years 8 months ago #136827 by krileon

I took a look at your code and I was just wondering, the [user_id] part, should that be replaced with just the number, or should it be like [74] <-- for example.

No, it should be [user_id]. It's a substitution and will place the subscribers user_id automatically. Further substitution information can be found within Tutorials from my signature.

I'll probably have to run a query for each user I add in. But I'm assuming I could also try to set the registration date for the user back to a certain date (if I'm importing the users first with CBJuice - which I know you guys didn't make). But when I do that, the registration date is still set to today, even though I set it in the .csv as a former date.

Using CBSubs SQL Actions a users date will change automatically when subscribed if using the above example as a format for your query. As for CBJuice I can not comment, we did not develop it and I do not know its usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn