Discount / coupon, another work around idea maybe.

13 years 1 month ago #157678 by doitsolutions
Hello,

I am hanging out for that coupon code feature, but in the mean time the work-around by copying a plan and making it cheaper and available only via URL will not do as it will be a nightmare to go through each of the many tabs / fields etc and add this the plan in to behave like it's pre-decessor.

A) Can child plans be set up with a negative price offset? When totalled with parent ends up being cheaper. If so, I could add a mandatory field in the child discount plan named coupon with a special custom field validation which only allows the pre-determined coupon code to be accepted as a valid string.
or
B) Can I set CBSubs to hand over the sale to virtuemart at registration? Maybe as a new custom payment method / option. Virtuemart's coupon code system can then be used. Even if CB Subs treats it as an "offline payment" and the site admin has to confirm receipt this is fine as long as payment is taken somewhere (at a discount).
Or
C) We ruled out SQL as it will update the table directly and not trigger integrations. I am happy to add a custom script and button to run somewhere. I am in desperate need of this feature.

Any creative solutions to this challenge will be much appreciated.

Michael A.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157729 by nant

doitsolutions wrote: Hello,

I am hanging out for that coupon code feature, but in the mean time the work-around by copying a plan and making it cheaper and available only via URL will not do as it will be a nightmare to go through each of the many tabs / fields etc and add this the plan in to behave like it's pre-decessor.

Can't the plan copy button help here?

13 years 1 month ago #158025 by doitsolutions
Replied by doitsolutions on topic Re: Discount / coupon, another work around idea maybe.
Are you telling me that when a plan is copied, every tab and field (I have hundreds) is then altered? I thought I tested this a while back. The copying of the plan is easy, it is just painful to then go through every single tab and field and look for how plan 1 is listed in the CB Subs behavior sections and add in Plan 1b accordingly.
I am looking at about 10 - 12 hours of tedious work (I have but loads of fields and tabs). Hopefully I am wrong about this, let me know.
Otherwise, please let me know if any of my above work-arounds are plausible in any way. I really want to have all members in the same main subscription somehow so they are all treated the same.

This does not take away from the fact that your CB abd Subs systems are fantastic! Love your work.
Thanks,

Michael A.

13 years 1 month ago #158043 by nant

doitsolutions wrote: Are you telling me that when a plan is copied, every tab and field (I have hundreds) is then altered? I thought I tested this a while back. The copying of the plan is easy, it is just painful to then go through every single tab and field and look for how plan 1 is listed in the CB Subs behavior sections and add in Plan 1b accordingly.

No - the CB Tabs/Fields are not altered - just the plan characteristics are copied over.

I am looking at about 10 - 12 hours of tedious work (I have but loads of fields and tabs). Hopefully I am wrong about this, let me know.
Otherwise, please let me know if any of my above work-arounds are plausible in any way. I really want to have all members in the same main subscription somehow so they are all treated the same.

This does not take away from the fact that your CB abd Subs systems are fantastic! Love your work.
Thanks,

Michael A.

Agree - coupon features are very much needed.

13 years 1 month ago #158048 by doitsolutions
Replied by doitsolutions on topic Re: Discount / coupon, another work around idea maybe
Well, it was worth a try :) starting my 10 - 12 hour "shift" for this now :) looking forward to this new feature. Still loving CB and CB Subs in general. Good stuff :)

From your response I take it that my brainstormed ideas in my OP above will not work (eg link to virtuemart cart as payment gateway). Thanks for your time anyway though.

Michael A.

13 years 1 month ago #158065 by nant

doitsolutions wrote: Well, it was worth a try :) starting my 10 - 12 hour "shift" for this now :) looking forward to this new feature. Still loving CB and CB Subs in general. Good stuff :)

From your response I take it that my brainstormed ideas in my OP above will not work (eg link to virtuemart cart as payment gateway). Thanks for your time anyway though.

Michael A.

We are currently working on some pretty powerful coupon system features ...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.538 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn