[SOLVED] Phocadownload

13 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 11 months ago #159838 by 3cellhosting
[SOLVED] Phocadownload was created by 3cellhosting
Hi,

Client has phocadownload. We have two plans one where the plan should protect 3 files. We have added these to the plan by partial url as shown below...

index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=file&id=9
index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=file&id=294
index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=file&id=295

The other plan is supposed to protect a specific phocadownload category...

index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=37

The first 3 files are in category id 21

If I am logged in as either plan I can access all of the protected files.

No other selections made at this stage e.g. no menu items, articles, etc. just the partial urls for each plan as shown above.

Any ideas what the cause may be?

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #159856 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Phocadownload
As per documentation and even tooltip example in URL-parts text area you do not need the index.php? part ...

13 years 2 weeks ago #159873 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Re: Phocadownload
Hi Nick,

Schoolboy error - that was tried in desperation. I have just tried again without the index.php?

And I can still access all documents with both plans. :pinch:

Happy to PM access if required.

Got to shoot out now - back tomorrow.

Thanks

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

13 years 2 weeks ago #159914 by nant
well i have no experience with phocadownload, but i will take a look when i can ...

13 years 2 weeks ago #159969 by nant
Please turn off all SEF settings (including sh404!!!).

Then hover over the item you want to protect and see the URL it uses.

Protect that URL part.

Sorry I cannot reverse translate your sefed links in unsefed ones.

13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 3 days ago #161615 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Re: Phocadownload
Hi Nick,

We had already done that. Phoca produces some long urls anyway. Here is a sample url from the actual link with all SEF turned off...

independent**********.org.uk/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&download=295:independent-sector-code-of-practice-for-management-of-patient-complaints&id=14:managing-complaints-and-iscas&Itemid=198

We tried with the option=com_phocadownload&view=category&download=295:independent-sector-code-of-practice-for-management-of-patient-complaints&id=14:managing-complaints-and-iscas&Itemid=198 element and it was working correctly.

I tested with an authorised user and could download the file, and as an unregistered or unauthorised user I was redirected to Registration and Upgrade respectively.

As soon as we turned sh404SEF on, the protection was compromised. It remained protected to unregistered members but any plan subscriber was able to download the document.

The credentials I PM'ed you are still valid if you need to take a look. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

David

David

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds