[SOLVED] Phocadownload

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #161776 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Phocadownload
Have used phoca in the past and yes your URL structure is correct (recent as follows).

option=com_phocadownload&view=category&download=295:independent-sector-code-of-practice-for-management-of-patient-complaints&id=14:managing-complaints-and-iscas&Itemid=198 element and it was working correctly.

Your previous usage likely did not work as you included the index.php? which is not necessary nor valid for By URL Part protection. We've no support for sh404SEF as it does not use API for rewriting rules, it rewrites at its own discretion which is dangerous for many extensions. If the issue is still present with Joomla SEF only then would be glad to investigate.

Additionally please try adding all 4 of the below and testing if working, it's 4 variants of the same URL.
option=com_phocadownload&view=category&download=295:independent-sector-code-of-practice-for-management-of-patient-complaints&id=14:managing-complaints-and-iscas&Itemid=198
option=com_phocadownload&view=category&download=295:independent-sector-code-of-practice-for-management-of-patient-complaints&id=14:managing-complaints-and-iscas
option=com_phocadownload&view=category&download=295&id=14&Itemid=198
option=com_phocadownload&view=category&download=295&id=14

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #161777 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Re: Phocadownload
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the update. We did try variations without any real problems solong as sh404SEF was disabled. It all goes pear shaped once that is enabled.

So looks like we need to rethink the SEF strategy.

Thanks for information.

David

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

11 years 11 months ago #197626 by larleuchem
Replied by larleuchem on topic Re: Phocadownload
Hi,

Is it possible to use url parts protection with sh404sef activated ?
I'm trying to make it working, but I meet some problems...

(testing with docman and edocman)

Thanks

11 years 11 months ago #197639 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Phocadownload

larleuchem wrote: Hi,

Is it possible to use url parts protection with sh404sef activated ?
I'm trying to make it working, but I meet some problems...

(testing with docman and edocman)

Thanks

You should always use unsefed URL parts in CBSubs backend.

Turning on SEF is ok but url parts needs to be populated unsefed.

11 years 11 months ago #197647 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Re: [SOLVED] Phocadownload
Hi larleuchem,

We gave up on using Phoca with sh404SEF and CB Subs. Phoca worked fine with CB Subs but everytime we turned on sh404SEF it became useless. This included the simple stuff like redirect after registration.

We are using CB Subs with Docman for better integration. In Joomla 2.5 the native SEF is better than Joomla 1.5 although we are still investigating results.

Hope this helps :)

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

11 years 11 months ago #197735 by larleuchem
Replied by larleuchem on topic Phocadownload url parts regexp
Hello,
(Bad English, sorry)

Thanks for your answers.
OK I forgot SEF, this don't works... with url protect parts...

I have installed Phocadownloads because I'd like to protect all the files in one category with only one urlpart line in my cbsubs plan : I don't want to add a line each time my users add a file...

On the frontend :
I'd like to let my users see the category but not to downloads files of this category if they are not suscribers :

If I put in my plan :
option=com_phocadownload&view=category&download=295&id=14
it will protect only the downloading of the file 295 in the category 14
So I'm searching a solution to use one line in my plan, for protect all files of the category 14 downloading, but with viewing category permission :
Can I use regexp ?
I tried somthing like that :
option=com_phocadownload&view=category&download=/[0-9]/&id=14
but that don't works

Can you help me for the regexp ? Thanks !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds