CBSubs redirects login to registration page

12 years 8 months ago #173680 by jfriesen
I would like incoming links that require login to be redirected to the cb login page, but with the CBsubs plugin enabled, they always are redirected to the registration page. I know it is possible to put the login on the registration page but I feel that makes that page too busy, I want to keep the registration page simple.

Is there any way to have it redirect to the CB login page? And also remember the original URL so it can go back there? These are not CBSubs protected URLs, in this case its an order history page for the Tienda shopping cart that you have to be logged in to view.

Thanks,
James

CBsubs 2.0 (I know there is an update but don't want to upgrade right this moment if it doesn't directly help this problem).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #174241 by jfriesen
Hey guys... don't know if you discourage bumps on this forum, but its paid support and it has been 6 days since I posted this. Client wants to know when it will be fixed. I need your help to fix it.

Thanks,
James

12 years 7 months ago #176086 by nant

jfriesen wrote: I would like incoming links that require login to be redirected to the cb login page, but with the CBsubs plugin enabled, they always are redirected to the registration page. I know it is possible to put the login on the registration page but I feel that makes that page too busy, I want to keep the registration page simple.

Yes one solution is to show login form as you have found.

Is there any way to have it redirect to the CB login page? And also remember the original URL so it can go back there? These are not CBSubs protected URLs, in this case its an order history page for the Tienda shopping cart that you have to be logged in to view.

I am not sure if our redirect plugin in incubator are will help here - letting Kyle address later.

12 years 4 months ago #184717 by webiedesign
Replied by webiedesign on topic Re: CBSubs redirects login to registration page
Any news on this ? I would like this option as well.

Mary
webie-design.com

12 years 4 months ago #184729 by beat
There is already a setting for this!

CBSubs Settings -> Display -> Expiration -> Membership needed for access redirect URL for existing users

Just put the URL for the page you want to display instead of the registration page in case of protected content/extensions.

You can setup a menu item in joomla for the CB login page, and then use that URL (possibly non-sefed so it gets sefed by CB) there.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 4 months ago #184731 by webiedesign
Replied by webiedesign on topic Re: CBSubs redirects login to registration page
Thanks ! that will help others searching the forum for a solution as well :)

Mary
webie-design.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.494 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn