Installation upload error - please help!

12 years 5 months ago #179740 by riverheadcc
Installation upload error - please help! was created by riverheadcc
I purchased CBSubs over a month ago, and I've yet to be able to get it to work. The first time that I installed it, the installation worked, but whenever I activated the plugin or tried to access it on the backend I got an error that said the Ioncube loader wasn't installed on my server (which it was). I tried to reinstall an older version of subs because I had PHP 5.2 on my server, but this didn't resolve the issue. After browsing through Joomlapolis' forums, I decided to have my host upgrade my server to PHP 5.3.6. I've been trying to reinstall the plugin now, but I keep getting this error:

"Failed to move uploaded file to /home/mysite/public_html/tmp/ directory."

Is there any reason for this? Please, any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Here's what I'm using:
CBSubs 1.2.2
Community Builder 1.4
Joomla 1.5.23

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #179749 by nant
sounds like you do not have ioncube installed or CBSubs is just not finding it.

Please try and install the cbsubs bot (joomla plugin) as it can help.

Also please follow the iconcube guidelines included in the CBSubs documentation - there is a test script to upload on your website to see if ioncube is in fact present.

12 years 5 months ago #179769 by riverheadcc
Replied by riverheadcc on topic Re: Installation upload error - please help!
Thank you for your response.

I have run the ioncube loader tester file on my server and version 4.0.9 is indeed installed.

I installed the plugin "bot_subs_122-E.zip" on Joomla's installation page; is this the plugin that you were suggesting? The installation of this plugin, although successful, has not helped anything. I'm still getting the same error upon trying to install the actual CB subs plugin on the CB Plugin Management page.

Please, is there anything else that might be causing this to fail? Is there a reason that I wouldn't be able to reinstall the plugin, and that's why I'm getting this error? If so, what steps can I take to successfully reinstall the plugin or even reinstall Community Builder without losing all of my members' information?

I urgently need a solution to this. Any help at all that you can offer me would be greatly appreciated.

12 years 4 months ago #181230 by lbweb3
I was having the same issue when I was doing the install, here is what needed to happen to me.

The reason that you get the "Failed to move uploaded file to /home/mysite/public_html/tmp/ directory." error message could be two things.
  1. you need to set permissions on the tmp directory to either 755 or 777
  2. you need to increase php's upload_max_filesize to something more than the default 2M limit. I bumped mine up to 16M. I also bumped my post_max_size to 16M as well. You may also want to make sure that your memory_limit is set to something more than 8M. Mine is at 32M

Once I modified those settings, I still received an error message on install that said that the required IonCube was not installed. When I checked my server and EasyApache I saw that it was installed on my server.

So, in this article, www.joomlapolis.com/forum/92-news-discussions/97193-phpini-issue, after investigating their screenshot, I had noticed in my phpInfo page, the powered by ZendEngine 2 was missing the "with the IonCube PHP Loader..." and "with Zend Optimizer...." It appeared that even though I had IonCube installed on the server, it was not being loaded.

Following the article's tutorial, I found where my installation of IonCube and Zend were (in a different location) and edited my php.ini file by adding:

zend_extension=/usr/local/IonCube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so
zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-3.3.9/php-5.2.x/ZendOptimizer.so
zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15

I then restarted Apache, reloaded my phpInfo page and confirmed that "my powered by..." matched that of the screenshot in the article. I then retried the CBSubs install with success.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn