Development site

12 years 6 months ago #180278 by snorkpants
Development site was created by snorkpants
Hi

I noticed that the license says I can have one live site and a development site (localhost). Is it possible for me to have a subdomain on our server as we have remote developers and a localhost option wouldn't work?

Essentially we would run a mirror of the www.domain.com on devel.domain.com and restrict access to the site to developers only.

Thanks,
Graham.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #180285 by nant

12 years 5 months ago #180997 by morrispsych
Replied by morrispsych on topic Re: Development site
Nick,

I have a similar question to the one you answered below. I am developing a site on a server and domain I have setup only for my development company, www.quicktechconsult.com. As soon as the site is complete and functional, I will transfer it to a new domain, 50.97.101.235. The name servers from the site that is now live, www.dpadallas.org, will be redirected to this new address.

Can I treat the quicktechconsult domain as my development site and transition as I described above without incident once the site is complete?

I ask this question specifically because it appears to be a forced choice on the live site when I tried to setup CBsubs as shown below.

Live site: www.quicktechconsult.com
Server name: www.quicktechconsult.com

Thanks in advance for your response!

Michael

12 years 5 months ago #181014 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Development site

morrispsych wrote: Can I treat the quicktechconsult domain as my development site and transition as I described above without incident once the site is complete?

Yes you can
The following user(s) said Thank You: morrispsych

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds