[SOLVED] Section & Category Access Rights Prioriti

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #182335 by tbream
This question relates to CBSubs in a Joomla 1.5x environment.

For the Integration / Content tab, there are of course a variety of options 'For read access'.

Among those, you can set READ By Content Section, and you can set READ by Content Category.

Given that, suppose I have a Plan A and I configure it to have READ access rights to SECTION 1.

At the same time, I have Category x, which is a content category within SECTION 1. If I configure Category x so that Plan A does not have READ access rights, does the fact that it's parent Section does have READ rights override the denial of rights at the Category level?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182446 by beat
To reply, i will give an example:

Plan AA gives access to Category A
Plan BB gives access to parent Section B (parent of Category A)
Plan CC gives access to Article C (in Category A and thus in Section B).

To view Article C, an active subscription to any of the 3 plans above is enough, but needed.

In other terms: articles that are not controlled by CBSubs are.. not restricted by CBSubs.
Articles/Categories/Sections that are controlled by CBSubs plans are restricted if there is no corresponding active subscription to a plan controlling it (or its parents).

Does that clarifiy ? :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: tbream

12 years 5 months ago #182738 by tbream
Thanks - that is very clear. Appreciate the explanation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn