Virtuemart with Subs?

14 years 11 months ago #95515 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Virtuemart with Subs?
You're right that you'll no longer need AEC or Juga, but I'm not sure what you mean by "shopper groups". Can you give a scenario?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #95518 by guidoterhorst
Replied by guidoterhorst on topic Re:Virtuemart with Subs?
Rapunzl wrote:

You're right that you'll no longer need AEC or Juga, but I'm not sure what you mean by "shopper groups". Can you give a scenario?

within virutemart you can define shoppergroups for assigning different price levels (with the SGE component from Daniel Johnson you can even restrict products to shoppergroups)

I need this to integrate different plans with different shopping prices (and in my case products as well, using SGE)

Thanx for the quick respons.

P.S. I think this would really help getting a solid integration between VM and CB. There are already product and order CB tabs available. Together with privacy CB and shopper groups VM, it rocks for even selling services to different CB user groups

14 years 11 months ago #95590 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Virtuemart with Subs?
The VM plugin will allow you to assign a user to a different VM group on subscription and also remove that assignment on un-subscription. It allows you to select the group based off available groups in VM. Just add the "shopper" groups you want and set a plan to assign a user to that group.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #95893 by guidoterhorst
krileon wrote:

The VM plugin will allow you to assign a user to a different VM group on subscription and also remove that assignment on un-subscription. It allows you to select the group based off available groups in VM. Just add the "shopper" groups you want and set a plan to assign a user to that group.

If you´ve really read my post, you´ll notice that VM has user groups AND shoppergroups. This is not the same!!.

So, still thinking intergration should be on shopper group, not on user group. See my arguments below.

14 years 11 months ago #95904 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Virtuemart with Subs?
guidoterhorst wrote:

krileon wrote:

If you´ve really read my post, you´ll notice that VM has user groups AND shoppergroups. This is not the same!!.

So, still thinking intergration should be on shopper group, not on user group. See my arguments below.

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Will look into integrating this feature request.

*Update*
Integration of request feature is in test phase now. Should be available by next release, but of course that's not a definite release date.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/04/21 22:39

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #95998 by guidoterhorst
Well, I´m sorry for the exclamation marks I used.

Anyway, I hope it will be of use to everybody.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds