Plan expiration with " Lifetime Membership" text?

14 years 10 months ago #101159 by mmccormick
CB 1.2 / j 1.5.10 / CB 1.0.1 (Yes--I know I need to upgrade as of 2 days ago!)

Urgent question, so please advise:

My plans seem to be setup just fine front end (showing only what I want). The main ones have all Calendar Year Expirations. When I look at a User in User Manager, however, this shows on Subscriptions tab as last item under "Current Membership upgrade possibilities:" (and its radio button is activated, regardless of which plan they have): "[ ] None -- Lifetime Membership for Free."

Questions:

* Does this mean the plans won't expire at end of calendar year and users won't get the Expire notice via email?

* Can I make this go away (or should I bother)? How?

Pls help as I want to launch this puppy ASAP!

thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #101160 by beat
Sorry, don't understand what you mean. Maybe a screendump would be clearer ?

- In backend it will be showing what you have set it to show too.

- If you subscribe, it will show exact expiration date in front-end and backend.

So I probably don't understand a part of the question. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #101166 by beat
Got your screenshot email, thanks. Now I understand.

At bottom in backend, the radio "None (Lifetime Membership for Free)" means simply no upgrades on saving the user profile in backend, as with radios, you need one to unselect any other you would have selected ;)

That's there everywhere. The wording could be better, now that I look at it from your perspective :)

So, it's backend-only and normal, due to the different radios/save UI of backend. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #101167 by mmccormick
So it will NOT affect expiration of plan? Yes, the wording is confusing (esp. as I DO have a Life Membership plan and it is free, but differs from this).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn