Breaking spirit of license if ...?

14 years 9 months ago #104019 by webtechgal
Breaking spirit of license if ...? was created by webtechgal
I am a big fan of CBSubs after my first installation for a customer. Lots of features, very slick.

I have received another proposal to make changes for a site that is using CBSubs as a membership portal to another site. They want to pass the membership information collected by CBSubs (using a wrapper/iframe implementation) to the 2nd site for access to the information there (which requires members authentication). Then they want the user to be able to come back to 1st site.

Question 1 is - Does this break the spirit of the single domain use for a one site CBSubs license?

Question 2 is - Would it work? Does this kind of implementation break the process for using CBSubs plans?

Thanks for your help. And a great product!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #104051 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Breaking spirit of license if ...?
webtechgal wrote:

I am a big fan of CBSubs after my first installation for a customer. Lots of features, very slick.

I have received another proposal to make changes for a site that is using CBSubs as a membership portal to another site. They want to pass the membership information collected by CBSubs (using a wrapper/iframe implementation) to the 2nd site for access to the information there (which requires members authentication). Then they want the user to be able to come back to 1st site.

Question 1 is - Does this break the spirit of the single domain use for a one site CBSubs license?

Question 2 is - Would it work? Does this kind of implementation break the process for using CBSubs plans?

Thanks for your help. And a great product!

Thanks for your very positive feed-back on CBSubs :)

Thanks also for asking.

Actually, the license for CBSubs is per installed joomla site. If you add your own software and integrations to control multiple sites from that site, but CBSubs runs on that one site only (url and installation path), then you will be fine, spirit-wise, license-wise and technically-wise.

Otherwise with multiple CBSubs installations you would need to license the corresponding number of sites.

I hope the above sounds right and fair.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn