help creating plans

14 years 9 months ago #104101 by drajinkyas
help creating plans was created by drajinkyas
i just purchased CBSubs and am amazed at the extensive permutations it allows us to create. however, that's perplexed me a little in the simple plans i want to create for my site and would need your help. i did go thru the documentation but am confused with the parent-child plan concept too.

i have created a site using Joomla 1.5.11/ CB1.2.1/ Kunena forum/Remository/JEvents.

since CBSubs gives the ability to hide fields during reg. choosing different plans i can use different fields to create registrations of user categories ~ eg. lawyers, doctors, tax consultants.

heres what i want to do-
1. i want to create where user can select a plan and get 30 days of complete access (free trial) to all the above extensions.
2. on completion of the 30 days, they automatically become a life time free member and have restricted access to parts of the above extensions ~ see polls, cannot vote, see profiles of all members and send messages, see profiles of self but cannot edit, see all forum posts but cannot reply, see files for download but cannot download.
3. in the my subscriptions tab, they can see that they have expired their 30 day full access subscription and now are automatically on restricted life time free membership.
4. then they should get an option to upgrade to a 6 month or 12 month paid membership again giving them full access.

i am unable to select the options from the pricing tab to solve the above, can u please give me step by step instructions?

also since i want 5 categories of users (doctors, lawyers, tax consultants, dentists, gynaecologists) how many plans do i have to create?

i have created a test plan and see that it is displayed on the register page with all the fields below it. when the radio button is selected some of the fields are hidden.

but this creates a problem as some of the hidden fields are marked as required and the form cannot be submitted.

please help.
thanks in advance.
The topic has been locked.
14 years 9 months ago #104789 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:help creating plans
Duplicate post, please refer to your primary post. I've assisted you on this issue once already and configured it for you. Some of what you want you can't do.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,104230/catid,88/limit,6/limitstart,0/

You can not hide required fields, this too has been addressed already.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/07/14 03:33

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds