[SOLVED] Plan Options for Duration

14 years 9 months ago #105138 by softforge
[SOLVED] Plan Options for Duration was created by softforge
I want to set up plan with options similar to the CBSubs CB Subscriptions plugin (eg. Licensed users, Number of sites, Maintenance pack, etc.) on this site. However, I want my options to be payment durations (eg. Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly) with a discount applied for the longer time periods.

I have read through the documentation and forums but cant work it out. Could someone point me in the right direction.

Many thanks :)

Post edited by: softforge, at: 2009/07/16 16:34

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/22 19:59

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #105164 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Plan Options for Duration
The plugin you're requesting is not yet available for public release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #122470 by ingistics
Replied by ingistics on topic Re:Plan Options for Duration
Follow-up question on this - I have a similar requirement - members can subscribe to one or more of ~20 non-exclusive plans. Each plan has the same monthly (e.g. $5), quarterly (e.g. $12), yearly (e.g. $40) recurring subscription price.

That means that a member can subscribe to Plan A and pay monthly and also subscribe to Plan B and pay quarterly for that plan - i.e. each plan is independent for recurring payments and payment renewal date.

Does this mean I have setup duplicate plans for each payment period or is there some way a member can select the payment period independent of the subscription plan(s) they choose.

What is the "not yet available" plugin mentioned and when will it be available?

Thanks.

14 years 2 months ago #122521 by krileon
There is no alternative, you'll need to setup plans for all 20 cases. The plugin mentioned is one we use for license drop-down on the subscription tab of your profile. It's not yet made available IF it will ever be made available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #122540 by ingistics
Replied by ingistics on topic Re:Plan Options for Duration
OK, in that case what's the better approach and pros/cons of two possible options:

Setup 3 parent plans for the durations:
- Monthly subscription
- Quarterly subscription
- Annual subscription
and then link each plan (e.g. PlanA, PlanB, PlanC, etc.) to each parent plan

or

Setup duration and plan combinations individually:
- PlanA Monthly subscription
- PlanA Quarterly subscription
- PlanA Annual subscription
- PlanB Monthly subscription
- PlanB Quarterly subscription
- PlanB Annual subscription
etc.

In either case I will still have 3x20 plans to maintain - is that correct?

Any other approach I should consider?

Thanks.

14 years 2 months ago #122541 by krileon
Your first case would probably be best, but ensure you set them as Exclusive and Allow Upgrade so they can change their price model if they preferred.

You could also do the follow:

Parent: Plan A - Free
Child: Monthly - Exclusive
Child: Quarterly - Exclusive
Child: Annual - Exclusive

Parent: Plan B - Free
Child: Monthly - Exclusive
Child: Quarterly - Exclusive
Child: Annual - Exclusive

etc.... There are many options available, it's up to you as to which you'd prefer to do.

I'd recommend just using only 1 duration that would best fit your site and from user feedback. Typically users are used to monthly, but yearly is acceptable as well if the price isn't too large (large numbers scare users). 3 months at a time is also a good option.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn