Help with creating unique Registration Forms

14 years 8 months ago #105685 by romannumeralus
Help with creating unique Registration Forms was created by romannumeralus
I am very pleased with the functionality and case usage scenarios found in the CBSubs manual (which I read through in its entirety, but one area I couldn't find addressed was how to create unique registration forms for different subscription types selected. For example, basic memberships have the registration form fields, 'hobbies', 'interests', and 'city'. Business memberships do not need these fields, but will need something like 'industry', 'title', and 'contact number'. Distributor registration will not have these fields but will have an upload field for example files like pictures or music. Is this possible, and if so, how so. Moreover, when this is established, how do you set these fields to show in the profile page excluding the others?

Thank you so much for your help. This is time-sensitive.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #105735 by krileon
Page 130 followed by page 174 of your manual.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #106520 by romannumeralus
Replied by romannumeralus on topic Re:Help with creating unique Registration Forms
Thank you. I will look at it again. Perhaps, in reading it all the way through, I started skimming and missed something.

14 years 7 months ago #106665 by romannumeralus
Replied by romannumeralus on topic Re:Help with creating unique Registration Forms
Either I missed something or our manuals do not line up. Page 130 talks about iPAP plugins, which to my knowledge doesn't affect registration. I looked at page 174, which makes sense, but I am not understanding how to implement this to make the unique registration forms default to the correct subscription selected. Please advise.

14 years 7 months ago #106821 by krileon
romannumeralus wrote:

Either I missed something or our manuals do not line up. Page 130 talks about iPAP plugins, which to my knowledge doesn't affect registration. I looked at page 174, which makes sense, but I am not understanding how to implement this to make the unique registration forms default to the correct subscription selected. Please advise.

Ensure your document version is CB_SUBS_1_0_2[32].pdf.

Additional using Hidden Fields for each plan allows you to hide fields from registration. This will allow you to build unique registration forms based on the selected plan. Currently however do not make any hidden field a required field as it will error on submitting registration form.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #106874 by romannumeralus
I definitely had a different version. Thank you. This looks like what I needed. I will give it a go.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn