Show PLans as drop-down on registration

14 years 8 months ago #105696 by A1e
Is it possible to show plans as a drop-down list on the registration form? If not, how can I format them to appear at least one per line? At the moment each plan occupies 8 lines and this takes up too much room on the screen with 10 plans.

Each plan is also for a different number of members. Is there a way to control the number of subscriptions to a plan by company (e.g. Company A with a 5 person subscription should only allow 5 people to register on that plan for that company.

Registration page is here: bit.ly/qmkdx

Many thanks,

Tom

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #105733 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Show PLans as drop-down on registration
Part 1: Use Firebug for Firefox to inspect the registration page CSS and change it as necessary.

Part 2: I do not believe this is possible. While you can limit the amount of subscriptions to a plan. You can not limit the amount of subscriptions based on a company.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #108452 by beat
To answer your PM publicly as there is no reason to make this reply private (please ask in forum if an answer is unclear):

For part 1:

- drop down is not possible in CBSubs 1.0.2 because of the way the inputs are handled.

- To make it 1 line you need to:
a) remove description keeping title and price lines only
b) to move the <div> surronding the price indication to the right of the title by making it float:right in CSS.

Nothing very hard, but e.g. with ONLY this CSS applied to the joomlapolis.com registration page, I achieved the 1-liner you wanted without editing the page or plans:

[code:1].cbregName { width:260px; margin: 0 auto 0 0; float: left; }
.cbregParagraph { float:right; }
.cbregDescription { display: none; }
[/code:1]

On your registration page one of these 2 worked out fine:

[code:1].cbregName { width:170px; margin: 0 auto 0 0; float: left; }
.cbregParagraph { float:left; }

and to have price just after title:

[code:1].cbregName { display: inline; margin: 0 auto 0 0; float: left; }
.cbregParagraph { float:left; }

(You could add this to your site template CSS file)

Your template designer or a CSS designer can help you more.

For Part 2 of your question: sorry, not supported in CBSubs 1.0.2.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 7 months ago #109703 by A1e
Please can you give us access to the encrypted code for the form to be able to include the subscriptions in a drop down?

I also note that the subscriptions are listed at the end of the registration form here on joomlapolis.com, how can we do that please (as opposed to at the beginning which seems to be the default)?

Thanks,

Tom

14 years 7 months ago #109712 by nant
A1e wrote:

I also note that the subscriptions are listed at the end of the registration form here on joomlapolis.com, how can we do that please (as opposed to at the beginning which seems to be the default)?

Thanks,

Tom

Just change the registration order parameter of the Subscription tab (same way you can do with all CB Tabs).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn