Unique Upgrade Registration?

14 years 7 months ago #106875 by romannumeralus
Unique Upgrade Registration? was created by romannumeralus
Once you choose a plan with CBSubs, such as Paid or Free, you will go through the process to sign up. You'll either pay and activate or simply activate, according to the plan selected. But when you login and you're offered the opportunity to upgrade to another plan, such as a specific type of account like an Artist account or a Business account, it simply tells you you're upgraded. It doesn't require any additional information unless you have to pay, and that's only PayPal information. Is there a way to force another registration form?

Incase this doesn't make sense, consider this workflow:

A guest purchases a paid membership for $10. They have more privileges than a free member now. They activate their account and sign in. The Upgrade options they receive are to upgrade to a Business Account, an Artist Account, or a Promoter Account. They shouldn't have to pay again if they already paid to join, but if they're free, they'd have to pay. Assuming the Guest wants an Artist Account, when they click on that upgrade option, they should have to enter Artist information for their profile such as instrument, genre, and booking contact number. But if they chose Business, there would be none of this information because it's not relevant; instead they would have to enter a business address, their industry, and region. Is this possible?

Please help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #106879 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Unique Upgrade Registration?
No you can not force them to a second registration and that would be a bad implementation. Instead use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection plugin to restrict tabs/fields to specific plans. This would get the same affect you want but with only 1 account. You could even use CBSubs Fields to update a field that will hold what type of account they have. You could then add this filter to a userlist or any other code you see fit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds