[SOLVED] possible to accept payments within site?

14 years 7 months ago #108752 by carlosleon0615
Hi,

Ever since I've been using CBSubs, I've been facing a big issue with new customers. Most of them simply don't get past Paypal. Let me explain:

I set up CBSubs so they're automatically transferred to Paypal immediately after clicking on the "Register" button.
I have a big sign informing users they will be re-directed to Paypal for payment once they click on the Register button.

Most customers get to create their account but never return from Paypal, so I end up with a bunch of "blocked" users (I setup CBSubs so only users with a subscription can access the site).

Some customers that are also my friends have told me some of the reasons they couldn't survive past Paypal. They found it confusing. Or Paypal tells them the credit card they use is linked to an another account (which they don't remember having created). Or in some cases, if they have an account, that they first need to "confirm" that a credit card is theirs. Etc.
So, I can see how several customers simply don't get past Paypal.

Ideally, they wouldn't be redirected to Paypal but instead, type in their credit card info within my site. I know Paypal provides a "Website Payments Pro Solution" allowing you "to accept credit cards directly on your website". However, I read in another post that CBSubs doesn't support that.

I read that CBSubs also supports "Authorize.net" which seems to also allows you to accept credit cards directly on your website. Does CBSubs support this with Authorize.net?

Otherwise, is there anything CBSubs supports that would allow accepting payments directly on one's website?

Thanks!

Carlos

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/15 05:11

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #108780 by krileon
Authorize.net is supported, while I have not tried it. It might be better suited for you. Authorize.net implementation allows to have users staying on your site for the credit-card input, but as it doesn't store the credit-card numbers, isn't subject to the high-level security measures needed on the data-center/hoster and so on. You will need a dedicated IP, a valid SSL certificate, and https support.

More payment gateways are on the way, but perhaps you should support multiple payment gateways to provide users a choice? For paypal it's quite strait forward, you do not need an account to make a purchase. Nor does it matter if the credit card is attached to an account, it's a matter of clicking 1 button and it'll let you bypass all this anyway and continue with the purchase (I've ran this test numerous times). Just ensure your paypal account is configured to allow non-paypal account purchases.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/08/21 17:41

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #108830 by ZombieNRG
Any idea when we might get Google Checkout integrated?

I've been using their service with client sites for sometime now with great success. It seems a lot of people are more comfortable with Google than Paypal. i.e. We get a better conversion rate.

I'm getting to the point where I need to set up the paying accounts. If Google is close I'll hold out otherwise I'll go with Paypal until Google is available.

14 years 7 months ago #108842 by beat
I will just quote what Google Checkout presently says:

Google Checkout is available to U.S. and U.K. merchants.

If your country isn't available as an option at sign up, it means Google Checkout is not yet available in your location. We can't comment on when we'll be available in your country, but look forward to expanding our service to more locations soon.

Same texts as 2 years and 6 months ago, except they are now translated in 6 languages...

So it's very limited in terms of number of countries, unfortunately not available over here. :(

I now contacted Google to ask for a "developer exception", but for now have to reply in google terminology: :D

If your gateway isn't available in our gateways list at this time, it means the gateway is not yet available in CBSubs. We can't comment on when we'll be available in your installation, but look forward to expanding our software to more gateways soon. ;)

The good news is the CBSubs already supports more gateways since 2 months release time than google countries since 2 years... :whistle:

If you are in the US you can already use authorize.net AIM fine with CBSubs...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 7 months ago #108867 by carlosleon0615
Replied by carlosleon0615 on topic Re:Is it possible to accept payments within the site?
krileon wrote:

Authorize.net is supported, while I have not tried it. It might be better suited for you. Authorize.net implementation allows to have users staying on your site for the credit-card input, but as it doesn't store the credit-card numbers, isn't subject to the high-level security measures needed on the data-center/hoster and so on.

If Authorize.net doesn't save the credit card info. What happens then with Recurring Subscriptions then? Doesn't Authorize.net support recurring subscriptions?

You will need a dedicated IP, a valid SSL certificate, and https support.

Is this what Authorize.net requires for it to work for onsite payments?

For paypal it's quite strait forward, you do not need an account to make a purchase. Nor does it matter if the credit card is attached to an account, it's a matter of clicking 1 button and it'll let you bypass all this anyway and continue with the purchase

I probably should have said that all my plans are set up to be Recurring Subscriptions. Paypal does require the user to create an account when it deals with recurring subscriptions.
I surely wish my customers would find Paypal as easy as clicking 1 button as you say. Unfortunately in my experience Paypal has been simply "killing" our business because most people don't seem to pass through it. Even for one-time payments, if someone doesn't sign in and tries to use a credit card that is already tied to a user account, Paypal will return an error saying something about the credit card being tied to a username and asking the user to login. I've replied to several support emails regarding this. I've found that a lot of users simply don't even remember having created an account with Paypal at some point. Thus, they don't understand what to do and they end up quitting.

Regardless, for one reason or another, users are stopping whenever they get transferred to Paypal and we're loosing business. That's what I'm trying to solve.

I haven't used Authorize.net but am willing to give it a try if it is supposed to work.
Has anyone tried or have the developers tested Authorize.net with CBSubs (setup for Recurring Subscriptions) in a way that the user enters their credit card info withOUT being redirected to another site? Is this possible?
Or is it only possible to have one-time payments within the site?
Finally, will Autorize.net for users to create an account with them for recurring subscriptions like Paypal does?

Thanks again,

Carlos

14 years 7 months ago #109033 by krileon
Yes as listed is what Authorize.net requires in order to make credit card purchases on your site.

Authorize.net also provides subscription purchase capability, but I do believe that is a paid service. Authorize.net to my knowledge is not a free service such as payapl.

I have no personally used authorize.net, but it is tested and working with CBSubs. I do not believe your users will need an account to make a purchase.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn