[SOLVED] Cleaning up Profile Editing

14 years 8 months ago #108834 by ZombieNRG
[SOLVED] Cleaning up Profile Editing was created by ZombieNRG
I need the ability to "clean up" two different subscription Plan types.
Something similar to the Hide at Registration would be perfect. If I could also hide these fields permanently.

The goal is Not to remove functionality or features based on a plan, but rather to simply not display fields that aren't relevant to a Plan.

This could be done by Field protect. Unfortunately that also does a great job of hiding these fields from everybody viewing the site. I also looked at the Privacy module - however that controls front end display - not hiding a field from the Plan subscriber.

For example: Artists and Business Subscription Plans.

Businesses need:
Company name field
Company Logo field
Company Slogan field
Business Description

These should not show up when an Artist is editing their profile. It's just confusing to have fields that can't be used by someone.

Artists need:
Artist Statement
Artist CV
A different set of image fields

Which Businesses shouldn't see when editing their profiles.

It seems that this could be accomplished by hiding the Tab. i.e. Tab Protect
Tab availability based on user subscription - Yes
For other viewers - (pick a plan)
For Profile owner - No
Owner plans controlling... (pick a plan)

With this method Artists would have one Tab and Businesses another. (Which I can control the display of using Profile Pro)
The problem is Both these tabs need to include some of the same Required fields -- e.g. Address & Phone number. I don't know of a way to include a field on 2 different tabs. In the case of Business this is the business address and phone #. For artists it's their home address and phone. Putting these fields on a separate Contact info tab creates confusion for Businesses.

Any thoughts, features or alternative methods I haven't thought of?

Thanx for the help!
Eric

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/11 14:25

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #108837 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cleaning up Profile Editing
Protect the field trying the following settings:

A. Field availability by Owner's Subscriptions:
Yes, CB subs control detailed field access

A. Availability depending on profile Owner's subscriptions
1) For other viewers:
Owner Plans controlling field available in profile:
NONE

2) For Profile owner himself:
Still Available for Profile Owner himself:
No: profile owner himself is also restricted

Owner Plans controlling field editable (none means not controlled):
SELECT PLAN(s) THAT MATCHES FIELD

Text or HTML to display near field information icons in profile edit mode if user has access to this field:
BLANK

3) For Moderators:
Still Available for Moderators:
Yes: field available for moderators

Still Editable for Moderators:
Yes: moderators can edit field

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #110806 by ZombieNRG
Replied by ZombieNRG on topic Re:Cleaning up Profile Editing
Brilliant!!!
Works perfect. CB Subs is awesome.
Sorry it took so long to respond to your timely help. On the plus side I think I've got a couple more CB Subs projects on the way.

Thank you,
Eric

13 years 8 months ago #140575 by daywalker0028
Replied by daywalker0028 on topic Re:Cleaning up Profile Editing
Thanks for this tip.

I have the same exact need to hide certain registration fields from certain plans.

I haven't tested it on my setup yet, but I will and will provide feedback on my results.

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.055 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn