Need a plan that is 20 weeks long

14 years 5 months ago #116215 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Need a plan that is 20 weeks long
mknz wrote:

So, given this, I could perhaps make a plan for each period of time (year 1, bi-mo 1-6, year 2, bi-mo 6-12, etc.) and put the expiration dates for each period and have users buy for the period they need to fulfill their obligation to membership...? Could I perhaps show them what periods they've paid for and which they need to and make this available to users who owe back dues as to let them pay and gain immediate access?

I suppose so, customization of expiration date is rather limited right now and this may or may not meet your needs. You're certainly welcome to attempt to do as such however.

You can also hide plans from displaying (Workflows tab of Plan) then provide them to the URL to subscribe for "back payments" as necessary.

You're capable of customizing the Price display which display price for x duration which allows you to display whatever duration you want (I do suggest it be the correct duration as user is purchasing however!).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116216 by mknz
Replied by mknz on topic Re:Need a plan that is 20 weeks long
Well, the way our member program has worked since 1931 is that they pay for a period and are responsible for past dues to remain in the organization. I think if we make each payment option available for a specific time period and mod the end date to the one we need...that we could be looking at our solution.

Can I make each subscription only give them access to the members only content during a specific window of time?

14 years 5 months ago #116274 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Need a plan that is 20 weeks long
No, if a user has a subscription they'll have access to the area. Just disable the plan once the end date is reached however and users will no longer be able to subscribe to it, but if you modify them to all expire at a specific date this will also work, but you still need to disable the plan once that date is reached or users could resubscribe.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/11/07 18:07

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn