CBSubs doesn´t work at all !!

14 years 6 months ago #110730 by thorunn
CBSubs doesn´t work at all !! was created by thorunn
Hi !
I recently bought CBSubs and installed it on my website using the manual as my guide. My Use Case is very simple, just controlling what each user can see.

I have three plans - each plan shows a defined Joomla category on a category blog site.

The users are "registered", the content is registered but nothing works !

I am quite experienced in Joomla, but this is my first attempt to use Community Builder and CBSubs.

Can you help me ??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #110732 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CBSubs doesn´t work at all !!
thorunn wrote:

Hi !
I recently bought CBSubs and installed it on my website using the manual as my guide. My Use Case is very simple, just controlling what each user can see.

I have three plans - each plan shows a defined Joomla category on a category blog site.

The users are "registered", the content is registered but nothing works !

I am quite experienced in Joomla, but this is my first attempt to use Community Builder and CBSubs.

Can you help me ??

Need more information to understand ...

Have you installed and enabled the bot plugin?
What do you mean "but nothing works" - can you please state exactly what does not work?

Most likely you are doing something wrong or forgot to do something.

14 years 6 months ago #110746 by thorunn
Replied by thorunn on topic Re:CBSubs doesn´t work at all !!
I created a registered frontend user A
I created one section with 3 categories; A, B, C
I wrote one article in each category

I installed CBsubs and all the plugins according to your manual (also the bot plugin), I also updated CbSubs to 1.0.2.

I created 3 plans, one for each category, where my intension was to hide all three categories for all except subscribers.

User A has a valid subscription to Category A, but not to categories B or C. In spite of this he can also see ategories B and C.

1. Should I make the categories public, restricted or special in Joomla ?

2. Is it nessecary to create CBSubs tabs to do this ?

3. Can you describe for me the right way to do this ?

Best regards
Thorunn

14 years 6 months ago #110748 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBSubs doesn´t work at all !!
First ensure you're hiding the entire articles by navigating to CBSubs Settings; select Integrations followed by Content/Extensions. Use the following configuration.

Articles access
Still show intro text for articles:
No

Edit Plan A; select Integrations followed by Content tab. Then use the following configuration. Repeat for your other plans substituting the appropriate plan/category.

READ: By Content Category
Categories which access rights depend on this plan:
Plan A

Also control the Content Categories Lists:
Yes

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/10 15:55

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn