Client needs to know this info about each user

14 years 7 months ago #110787 by webtechgal
Hoping someone can tell us how to effect this.

My client would like to receive an email when the user subscribes that tells the users address, phone, email and plan name info. At first glance, it would seem this should not be too difficult a task.

We figured out how to add the address, phone, and email info onto a copy of the registration notice.

What we cannot seem to figure out is how we can get the plan name info joined to the user info - as the user info and the plan info seem to be in two different tables.

Is it possible to create temporary records that would generate this email?

I have been researching this in the forum and I have seen it stated that this seemingly simple thing cannot be done. Surely someone can figure out the best way to implement this with the tools at hand.

If I have missed looking at some other way to get this information out, please let me know.

All help is greatly appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #110790 by krileon
CBSubs Emails Integration plugin provided in your CBSubs package.

You're capable of using substitutions as well as specifying who you wish the email to send to.

Example:
To: admin@mysite.com
CC:
BCC:
Subject: [username] subscribed to Plan A
Body:
Subscription: Plan A
Address: [cb_address] [cb_city], [cb_state] [cb_zip_code]
Phone: [cb_phone]
Email: [cb_email]
Attachments:
Send email in: HTML or Text

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #110854 by webtechgal
Replied by webtechgal on topic Re:Client needs to know this info about each user
@krileon

Thank you for your help. We had turned on the CBSub email integration plugin and set up emails, but they were not sending. I think our problem is that we are using 1.0.1 and the email integration does not seem to be working in that version.

I understand that we need to update to 1.0.2 for several fixes. However, we have been a little hesitant to do that, as multiple people have reported that doing the update has caused install problems or crashed their sites.

1)Is there specific steps to do the updates or is there documentation for updating? If so, could you point us at that? We might be less fearful of the update process if we know we are proceeding in an ordered fashion. - EDITED - We found the answer here
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,104950/catid,92/limit,6/limitstart,0/

And the specific steps from the 1st post in that discussion are:

Here update process in more details:

1) uninstall CBSubs 1.0.x main plugin
2) install Cbsubs 1.0.2 main plugin
3) install all previously installed integration plugins (in 1.0.2 version, no need to uninstall the previous ones).

If you installed cbpaidsubsbot:
4) Then uninstall cbpaidsubsbot 1.0.x
5) reinstall cbpaidsubsbot 1.0.2

If you installed CBSubs module:
6) Write down parameters of your CBSubs 1.0.x module
6) Then uninstall CBSubs 1.0.x module
7) reinstall CBSubs 1.0.2 module
8) re-configure parameters of CBSubs 1.0.2 module.

2)Is there documentation for the email integration that we missed, as we only saw installing and turning it on in the CBSubs doc? EDITED - We found this too in the docs for 1.0.2 Chapter 6.5.5.9

One suggestion I have is to make this post - www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,104950/catid,92/limit,6/limitstart,0/) - sticky at the top of the CBSubs forum for Installation/Upgrades.

Thanks again for all your help!

Post edited by: webtechgal, at: 2009/09/11 18:31

14 years 7 months ago #110865 by krileon
Email integration fixed in CBSubs 1.0.2.

You have multiple methods of upgrading. Either completely uninstall all of CBSubs and re-install latest release or simply unpack the zip packages and copy/replace (same way expert CB upgrade works). Of course run CB tools afterwards regardless of upgrade method.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn