Importing/exporting questions

14 years 7 months ago #111266 by herpbooks
Importing/exporting questions was created by herpbooks
I have about 2500 users that I am preparing to import with CBjuice. I also need to define subscriptions for them and import those using the CBsubs import. However, it appears that to to this I need a list of user IDs. CBjuice does not export the user ID and I can't find a way to define them or import all of the user information and an id at the same time.

How can I export a list of the user IDs to use with CBsubs import function? I know there have been other threads on this, but it is not clear how I get the ids to use in the import.

Also, CBjuice only seems to have one export possibility which is the same as its save users. I have seen some mention of defining fields to export with CBJuice, but there is nothing in CBjuice that allows any change to the export or save functions.

Finally, Is there any way to export the accounting history for CBsubs to give to my accountant? I really need to be able to identify by the different subscriptions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #111314 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Importing/exporting questions
Import your users into CB first before bothing to import with CBSubs as you can't import at the same time. Once imported into CB navigate to your database and export as CSV (you really only need to export userid column), then format to your needs for import into CBSubs.

For assistance with CB Juice please contact the developers, it is not a development of the CB Team.

Accounting history? There's history of all purchases, subscriptions, etc... that you are welcome to present to your accountant.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #111320 by herpbooks
Replied by herpbooks on topic Re:Importing/exporting questions
Thanks. I think I have figured out how to import all of the users and their subscriptions. I have no idea how to "navigate to the database and export as CSV" Does this require something like PHPMyAdmin? I have that installed on another site and I can't find how to select a specific field to download. - I know I am in way over my head at this point, so don't go to too much trouble trying to explain it.

I realize the the accounting history is all available online from the admin area, but it would be nice to be able to export it so my accountant can work with the numbers in a spreadsheet. There doesn't seem to be any way to export the accounting reports.

14 years 7 months ago #111337 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Importing/exporting questions
Yes you will need phpmyadmin to export your table as CSV. Then edit the CSV file to your needs.

No there is no current way to export accounting data unless exported from database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn