parent/children, multiple subscriptions ?

14 years 6 months ago #112141 by crony
I have a question about parent/children plans.

Apparently, with my use case,one of the children must be subscribed.
I get a Javascript error about coherence.

But in my mind the children don't have to be subscribed if they don't want to, but children must be exclusive from each other !
They are a kind of options, limited in time.

And parent plan is exclusive from main others parent plans...
I don't want my user being allowed to upgrade to those totally different plans if they've choosen an other plan...

I also realize that I wanted to assign those users to an other created user group of Joomla!
I know I may manage modules and component thru cbSub, but I wanted to get a proper group, to use other components (like email list) with that proper group...

The good point is that both groups (related to that sub plan) should have the same level access, with few more modules with the child plan.
The differences would have been organised thru your cbsub content manager, and/or metamod...

To solve my problem, I need to create a free child plan, that will occur for a month (a kind of second trial into child subplan) then after a month, it will get back to group for parent plan.

But, if I think of previous javascript seen, going back to that plan after may cause an incoherence problem later...

What do you think ?

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #112143 by crony
Hmm, I did not see the final sub resume...
That brings me an other problem.
The child plan is free, but included into the parent plan, so normaly, they should not unsubscribe to that...

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3
Attachments:

14 years 6 months ago #112148 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:parent/children, multiple subscriptions ?
You have the child plan set as Exclusive (a.k.a Mandatory). Set it to non-exclusive and it won't be required to obtain the parent plan.

As for unsubscribing, this is normal behavior. Free or not a user should be provided choice; thus they can unsubscribe as a user sees fit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #112168 by crony
Thanks but I konw that :)

The parent plan is needed to access the childs plans, but the childs plans are optionals.

Each child plan must be only upgradable,or cancelable, but not choosen all together, just ONE at a time.
In my case, the difference is only related to the time of subscription of that service.

So setuping a free child plan as created an unwanted "unsubscribe" button. Maybe I may hide it thru CSS ? But it must be only this particular free plan.

Allowing not to cancel a child plan seems acceptable to me, as you can unsubscribe to the parent plan...

Others plans, as all subscribe plans can be cancelled, I agree totally with that.

Maybe a way to change the time of the child plan of that option with the price dynamically updated should be possible ? (but I guess it's more work on core plans setuping, and songs like not a pro solution...)

Please, let me know.

Post edited by: crony, at: 2009/09/24 22:24

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

14 years 6 months ago #112209 by crony
Hello,

I just saw the unsubscribe yes/no available into general config.
Might be interesting to list there all plans, to make them unsubscrible or not there ?
Or make the difference with parent and child plans first ?
Then on each plan ? :)

The unsubscribe should be related as well to a minimum time of using till unsubscribe is possible...

Thanks !

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

14 years 6 months ago #112210 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:parent/children, multiple subscriptions ?
Sorry, but if you set a plan to exclusive (MANDATORY) it will be required upon subscribing to the parent plan.

As for removing the unsubscribe button, yes you can use CSS if you so choose. Each plan has its own class. Just use CSS traversing to target only that button.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.346 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn