parent/children, multiple subscriptions ?

14 years 7 months ago #112280 by crony
Well, I may say ok for that, but I can't do that in my case for 2 reasons.

1-More complex use case :

Parent Plan 1 - FREE [EXCLUSIVE]

Child Plan A - $5 (1 Month) [EXCLUSIVE, UPGRADE]
Child Plan B - $15 (3 Month) [EXCLUSIVE, UPGRADE]
Child Plan C - $30 (6 Month) [EXCLUSIVE, UPGRADE]

Parent Plan 2 - FREE for a month [EXCLUSIVE, non upgrade]

Parent Plan 2.A - SAME AS plan 2, but directly paying - One initial fee, then a fee each month, Plan after a free month [EXCLUSIVE, upgrade]

Parent plan 3 - Free [EXCLUSIVE, no UPGRADE]

So user choosing plan 1 may upgrade to plan 2.A in his control panel.

2-The child plan from parent plan 1 is based on a partnership, allowing new modules, and other panels from other webservices.

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #112360 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:parent/children, multiple subscriptions ?
How could a user choose Plan 1 and then upgrade to Plan 2, it's not possible when you've set Plan 2 to not allow upgrades.

You'll just have to try different use case scenarios, read documentation carefully and trial and error until you've got the desired scenario.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #112423 by crony
It's because plan 2.A allows upgrade.

While plan 2 (Free trial) is ending, the user may upgrade to 2.A , and only that plan.

I need to have plan 2 and plan 2.A seperate, because there's an initial fee, then a recurent billing.( I did that because you advised me doing this way on an other post )

So user registering thru plan 1 may upgrade to plan 2.A.
And I don't want this to happen.

I do read the doc carefully :huh:

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

14 years 6 months ago #112435 by krileon
Again, it's a matter of trial and error. Move plans around, run multiple tests until you have the desired configuration. We don't have a particle way to do the configuration for you unless you contact Beat for paid support. You must also keep in mind not ALL scenarios are possible and you may not get EXACTLY the configuration you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #112445 by crony
I'm not asking you to configure my site on this post...

I'm telling you I can't do something with your paid plugin, that I've subscribed with full support lifetime.

If I can't do something with it, I may ask for an upgrade. My case might be particular, but I suppose someone someday will have the same demands.

I'm not asking having EXACTLY what I want, I can make compromise, but in my case, I think I have setuped the all thing the better way I can, but it seems there are some minor parameters to add to "pleased" me, and to get a better cbsub plugin...

Do you need more informations ? Screenshots ? More explanations of what I can't do ?
If not possible at the moment, may I suggest this to a roadmap somewhere ?

Thanks.

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

14 years 6 months ago #112465 by krileon
I believe I see what you're saying and also see the problem. Plan 2A is a parent, which allows upgrades. So of course you can upgrade to it. Try the following.

Parent Plan 1 - FREE [EXCLUSIVE, UPGRADE]
Child Plan 1A - $5 (1 Month) [EXCLUSIVE, UPGRADE]
Child Plan 1B - $15 (3 Month) [EXCLUSIVE, UPGRADE]
Child Plan 1C - $30 (6 Month) [EXCLUSIVE, UPGRADE]

Parent Plan 2 - FREE [EXCLUSIVE, NO-UPGRADE]
Child Plan 2A - $10 Initial + $100 (1 Month) [NON-EXCLUSIVE, UPGRADE]

Parent Plan 3 - FREE [EXCLUSIVE, NO-UPGRADE]
Child Plan 3A - $100 (1 Year) [NON-EXCLUSIVE, UPGRADE]

Making the child plans as non-exclusive allows users to just use the parent plan only. If any child plan is exclusive then they will be required to obtain that child plan as well.

I'm not sure there is a way to get your exact scenario. You can't have a parent allow upgrade then not allow upgrade at the same time. :blink:

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/28 14:42

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn