parent/children, multiple subscriptions ?

14 years 6 months ago #112218 by crony
Ups...

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,81/func,view/id,112216/catid,89/

I can't delete the other post...

1-May I auto select the first child exclusive ? ( I tried "selected by default" on yes, and not upgradable.Didn't work)

2-At the end time of this subscription exclusive child, I'll get an incoherence Javascript somewhere ?
May I have to check something into cbsub logs to see if everything's alright to complete and validate my testing procedure ?

Thanks !

Post edited by: crony, at: 2009/09/25 15:22

Post edited by: crony, at: 2009/09/25 15:29

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #112222 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:parent/children, multiple subscriptions ?
  1. No, by default is mainly used for registration. It would function as such if used on registration though.
  2. Don't understand what you're asking, please clarify.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #112235 by crony
Ok :

1-Is that option may be added on your roadmap for a futur release ?

2-The parent cbsubplan is lifetime.
The first child of this plan is for a month.(and included by default into the parent plan, he's none renewable, not upgradable)
The second, third etc...child plans may be subscribed or not later (difference is based on a longer time)

But at the end of activation of first childplan included, (and unsubscribe button hidden thru CSS ) this child plan won't be active anymore.

So that will bring me to my first problem :
The javascript warning that telling me there's an incoherence, cos I din't choose a child plan...

This is not on registration this time, but during the "living" of this account.

What will happen ? (big explosion ? ^^)

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

14 years 6 months ago #112246 by krileon
  1. Not that I am aware.
  2. Again, like I've been telling you. You have a child plan set as EXCLUSIVE. Make it NON-EXCLUSIVE or you will be force to subscribe to at least one of the exclusive child plans.

Instead of using child plans. Configure 1 plan that controls all the access. Copy it a couple times. Then edit its durations. Keep them as parent plans and make them exclusive. A user can then pick whichever they prefer as far as duration. Allow upgrades to those plans as well. Don't forget to allow free registered or a lifetime exclusive free plan for users who do not want a subscription (if you want free users that is).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #112254 by crony
1-May I suggest it ? ^^ (I mean where to post that demand officialy, seems the forum the right place... )

2-If I do that I'll get other plans that user may upgrade to, and the plans are completely different...

Ok, I can setup a registration page with only those specific plans, but user will be allowed to choose an other parent totally different type of plan on his personnal upgrade plan page...

Do you see my problem better ?

Thanks !

Post edited by: crony, at: 2009/09/25 19:02

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

14 years 6 months ago #112262 by krileon
Try this scenario:

Parent Plan - FREE [EXCLUSIVE]
Child Plan A - $5 (1 Month) [EXCLUSIVE, UPGRADE]
Child Plan B - $15 (3 Month) [EXCLUSIVE, UPGRADE]
Child Plan C - $30 (6 Month) [EXCLUSIVE, UPGRADE]

If you see the parent plan defines the "group" of plans. Then the child plans define the duration. Put all the restrictions on the child plans or just on the free plan. As a user can not have the free plan without one of the child plans. This will allow the user to select their duration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn