Plans with different lengths that share content

14 years 6 months ago #113426 by Cindy Lou
We have a weekly call that members are subscribing to and I need some help creating an automated a system for two different plans.

The first plan is the 1-week plan where they have access to the article with the call in info on how to access the teleconference as well as a remository mp3 download of the call after the fact if they missed the live call. We would like to keep track of the weeks they sign up for and allow access to just those individual weeks articles that they paid for. Members are going to sign up for some weeks and not others creating gaps in their subscription renewals. Maybe the articles could be listed in their member profile some way or Joomla will only show those articles that they paid for in an article category blog layout? How can I automate this process, maybe with a SQL query so that they only have access to the individual weeks articles and downloads they paid for, maybe using the Created or Start Publishing date of the article?

The second plan is a 4-month plan, which is similar to the 1-week plan but is just for a longer period of time and the integration needs to only give access to the articles for a 4-month block of weeks starting with the week they signed up?

Ideally, I would like to only have to make one new article for each weekly call that could be shared by both plans. I would also like the automation to increment automatically so that as the weeks pass by I don’t have to manually go in every week to adjust the workflow or integration settings for each plan, and it just automatically gives access to the latest article with that current weeks call in info while still retaining the access to the past weeks that members paid for.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #113457 by krileon
Create a free parent plan, have it non-exclusive. Now make a child plan of that parent plan. Put all your permissions on it such as what article sections to restrict. Set it's price accordingly and its duration 1 week, make this plan exclusive. Now copy this plan a few times. Edit your copies and increase their durations and value. This should give you the results you want to achieve.

I'm not quite sure how to go about restricting the articles as in-depth as you desire, but it might be possible with the CBSubs URL integration which allows you to execute a code file.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/08 14:45

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #114100 by Cindy Lou
Are there any other admins that we can contact that might be able to give some more specific direction on the best route to take to restrict access to the content based when the member subscribes?

If we just look at the use case where members sign up for 4 months how can the restrictions be put in place so they only have access to articles published from say October 15th through February 14th because enrollment is rolling so folks can sign up in the middle of a month and should only have access to the articles for the weeks they signed up for the next 4 months. I am going to be making new content articles every week and in more than one article section, which all have related remository downloads. In addition if they renew for the next 4 months they still need to retain access to the content they had access to from the first 4 months subscription.

Thanks!!

14 years 6 months ago #114155 by krileon
I don't think what you're wanting is possible at this time without the API. You could try developing your own integration and executing it with CBSubs URL, but don't know how you'd go about doing as such.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn