Paypal, not communicating 100% of transactions

14 years 6 months ago #113698 by herpbooks
I just opened my website and it is mostly working fine, but I have found two issues:

1- I am using paypal as the payment processor and about 90% of the transactions are working fine - both pending payments and cleared payments. However, the other 10% of the payments are not communicated to CBSubs. I receive email notification of the payment, but when I check the CBsubs basket there is no record of anything from that user. Obviously their subscription doesn't exist either. When I check paypal, the payment is there and has cleared and all of the details seem correct for their subscription. Is there any known cause why a few of the transactions are falling through the cracks?

2. Before opening the website I had imported all of the users and their initial subscriptions (all for the calendar year 2009). When the site opened people were asked to renew their subscriptions. However, all renewals leave the subscription at 2009 - I do have a 3 month grace period for early payments, so new subscribers receive a 2010 subscription - and this is working.
I have noticed that if I go into an account that has not yet renewed - or one of the ones that paypal didn't communicate - I can click on renew subscription and then save and nothing changes. When I repeat this, it does change. Somehow it seems the import displays the subscriptions but it is not really registered as a subscription. I know I can solve this by opening each of the 2000+ accounts individually and clicking on renew subscription and save, once. Then my guess is when they renew the subscription it will actually change to a 2010 subscription.

This has also caused problems with all those that try to subscribe with auto-renewing payments. They are given a subscription for 2009 with the first auto renew due to happen for 2010. Since they already paid for 2009, this is a problem. I have had to delete their subscription and then add it back in so that they don't get double charged. This also causes their account to be switched to manual renewals.

Is there an easy way to fix this? Is it a problem with importing existing subscriptions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #113766 by beat
Regarding point "1.":

Most probably Paypal ipn are not received or sent (maybe not configured at paypal?).

Check:

1) in CBSubs: Notifications : you should see IPNs

2) in Paypal: History: IPN notification (and result code)

Regarding point "2.":

we will try to reproduce this issue, please confirm you have CBSubs 1.0.3.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 6 months ago #113773 by krileon
2. Please clarify a bit further. As I understand it you have imported plans, their subscription expiration year is 2009, but with a 3 month grace period. You attempt to renew these users and the renewal is failing, correct?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn