Exclude Content/Modules/Menus by Plan

14 years 5 months ago #114120 by klempit
Exclude Content/Modules/Menus by Plan was created by klempit
It would be great if CBSubs could be upgraded so that specific content(section, category), modules and/or menu items could be excluded based on the subscription.

The idea of excluding based on plan is that if you are a plan member, you would be spared presentation of content, modules or menu choices that aren't relevant to your situation (e.g., an advertisement in a module position saying, "Join Now!" or as noted in another post, a "join now" menu item).

The include/exclude granularity (I imagine radio buttons adjacent to each line of menus, modules, section/categories) added to current include-only functionality would make CBSubs even more powerful than it is.

What do you think, Joomlapolis team?

Thank you!

Post edited by: klempit, at: 2009/10/15 05:37

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #114130 by nant

14 years 5 months ago #114139 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Exclude Content/Modules/Menus by Plan
Yes, it does (as you certainly know). :)

Just include the unwanted content/modules into the plan(s) where you want them, and it will disapear from the plan(s) where you you don't want them. ;)

To be complete: Menu appearing or not is not yet handled in CBSubs 1.0.3, but effect of clicking menus is handled.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 4 months ago #116182 by klempit
Replied by klempit on topic Re:Exclude Content/Modules/Menus by Plan
Hi guys, I think I didn't make the use case clear enough, please allow me to try again.

We have three classes of users:
Guest - no subscription
Registered (free lifetime sub)
Member (paying monthly sub)

We want the menu choice for "Free Registration" only to appear if one is on the site as a guest. Otherwise it should either disappear entirely or, for Registered, would be great if replaced by an "Upgrade" menu choice.

Beat, I saw your note re CBSubs not witholding menu choices from being displayed, so maybe this is a feature request in two ways: first, make it possible to have items included or excluded that incorporates the larger context of non-registered user state (taking away "guest" content or menu choices when one has a CBSubs subscription active) and also applying more control over the menu choices which are presented to users with active subscriptions.

Thank you, again, for a great component which we hope to build a real business upon.

KL

14 years 4 months ago #116203 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Exclude Content/Modules/Menus by Plan
As stated by Beat, you can protect menu links, but it will not HIDE the menu link. However, when a user clicks the menu link and does NOT have a subscription they will be direct to subscribe. At this time it doesn't hide the menu link from view entirely as you're wanting; this is a feature request that has been noted.

If I'm misunderstanding your request further then please clarify and will be glad to help. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn