[SOLVED] Content access not working w/ approval

14 years 5 months ago #116366 by kathtg
I'm trying to restrict the content per plan and allow users access to the child plan only once an admin says ok for them to join in the backend. I can't get any to work. My most important concern at the moment is that content is not being restricted at all based on the plans and I'm not sure why.

Here's the scenario that I'm trying to get:
1. User 'test' signs up and pays for Community Plan
a. this plan allows access to Menu A, B and C

2. Admin will assign user 'test' to a child plan in backend. This should only allow a this user the option to join the child group.

3. User 'test' can now opt to pay for access to Child Plan.
a. If they pay for the child plan, the user can now access child menu under Menu A and Menu D.

Here's my setup:
Two Plans:
1. community plan
2. child plan
neither are exlusive

Community Plan - Content Access:
Read access for sections
Read access for all categories applicable
Access for Menu A, B and C

Child Plan Content Access
Read access for sections
Read access for applicable category
Access for Menu A->Child menu and Menu D

Current Scenario:
1. User 'test' signs in and pays for community plan.
2. They see everything including menu D assigned to the child plan only and the child menu of menu a.

3. The admin signs them up for child plan in backend. Currently this is free. Once the content is working, I'll place a price within it and hope the user can pay for it on the frontend.

My questions are 1. why isn't the content being restricted? All users can see everything. I've tried different combinations without luck?
2. is it possible to have the user pay for a child plan that is assigned as a backend visible only plan? I don't want the users to have the option to sign up for this plan until the admin approves them in the backend.
3. How do I give access to users added to the system prior to the plan creation? The plan isn't showing up for them?

Thanks so much in advance. This one is very long.

Trina

Post edited by: kathtg, at: 2009/11/08 19:56

Post edited by: kathtg, at: 2009/11/08 20:00

Post edited by: kathtg, at: 2009/11/08 20:04

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/11/09 15:14

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116369 by kathtg
Ok I've been trying different variations for hours and can't get the content to work. There has to be a simple setting that I'm missing right? Someone please help. Is there a way to hire someone to go in and look?

14 years 5 months ago #116371 by nant
kathtg wrote:

Ok I've been trying different variations for hours and can't get the content to work. There has to be a simple setting that I'm missing right? Someone please help. Is there a way to hire someone to go in and look?

I assume you have downloaded the manual and read it.
Do the examples outlined in the manual work for you?

14 years 5 months ago #116375 by kathtg
No it's not in my documentation and I found where I have to purchase the full documentation but paypal says due to the clearing houses or something like that it will take 4 days so my site will not work now for 4 days and hopefully when I get the documentation it will help me to figure this out quickly and not be down another day. Is there anyway for advice before that time?

Post edited by: kathtg, at: 2009/11/08 21:57

14 years 5 months ago #116376 by nant
kathtg wrote:

No it's not in my documentation and I found where I have to purchase the full documentation but paypal says due to the clearing houses or something like that it will take 4 days so my site will not work now for 4 days and hopefully when I get the documentation it will help me to figure this out quickly and not be down another day. Is there anyway for advice before that time?

Post edited by: kathtg, at: 2009/11/08 21:57

I am referring to the CBSubs documentation.

It is available to all CBSubs purchasers.

You can download it from the same area as CBSubs.

CBSubs Download area

CBSubs 1.0.3 Documentation

14 years 5 months ago #116377 by kathtg
How do I download the CB Subs 1.03 documentation? The download button doesn't appear for me (only back button) and the other link is only the license file. I looked under Downloads and also went into my profile to check if its near my CMSubs order but I don't see a way to download it.

Post edited by: kathtg, at: 2009/11/08 22:39

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.777 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn