Allow and charge spontaneous plan, existing users

14 years 4 months ago #117268 by kathtg
I'm trying to implement a plan that is spontaneously proposed for both new and existing users. The steps that occur for this are:

a. Setup spontaneous plan in backend
1. Admin gets list of users eligible for Plan B
2. Admin emails link to Plan B to selected users
3. These users click link and are brought to registration page. They can then sign up and pay for plan.

The plan that I have setup works great for new users. They register directly on Step 3 above and pay for the plan.

The problem is that some users that will receive this link already have a user profile on the system. How do I handle them?

If the admin adds them in the backend, they are not forced to pay for the plan so this is not a good option. I thought of using a group software such as NoixACL, add them to and then allow but I'm not sure if this is needed or reasonable.

Thanks again for your help! This is my last requirement need for the main plans!

Trina

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #117270 by krileon
Just email or PM the link to already registered users. They'll be sent to a page with the subscription already selected and a button to pay. If not logged in all they need to do is login, but I suggest PMing them if they're logged in (UddeIM allows PMing a group of contacts). Either method will work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn