Revenue Sharing from Subscription to Authors

14 years 3 months ago #118292 by msr43
I came across a scenario where I charge the users via subscription for premium content.But the content is not only developed by me but there are other authors who contribute new content also.The author list may also grow in future.

As you know,if there is no rewards for the authors,gradually they lose interest and disappear.Since there is a way to earn revenues through subscription,there should be a way to pay them back also(Revenue Sharing).

I believe this will enhance the CBSubs too..

More Authors !! Great Content !!! Maximum Subscriptions !!

Let me know your thoughts !!

Regards
Arun

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #118294 by krileon
This is currently not implemented; there is a parameter to set the "owner" of a payment gateway/plan, but at this time they're non-functional. It is yet to be determined how this feature will advance and be as you're requesting or something else of the sort.

Please keep in mind CBSubs was not designed in mind to be a "Revenue Sharing" portal, it's primary role is subscription management. Paying authors is generally on an employee or freelance contract basis; CBSubs can not and likely will not manage employment or something of the sort, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #118295 by msr43
Thanks for the reply.Yes I agree your focus is only on subscription component now.

I just gave a thought..

Regards
Arun

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn