Multiple Parent Plans w/ Optional Child Plan

14 years 3 months ago #121296 by tbream
I have a series of different parent subscription alternatives - each of which enable users to have the same basic access to a site for different periods of time:

eg.
Plan A - 1 year subscription
Plan B - 6 month subscription
Plan C - 3 month subscription
Plan D - 1 month subscription

Now I'd like to add a Child Plan Z which will give a subscriber to it added access that they don't have in any of the plans noted above.

Users have to have subscribed to one of the Plans above in order to have access to Child Plan Z. Child Plan Z will work with any of the four parent Plans (A,B,C,D).

Given all this, I'm still fuzzy how I configure Child Plan Z so that it is only accessible by users when they are logged on and they have an active subscription with one of the four parent plans noted above.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #121320 by krileon
Please try the following configuration.

Parent: Plan A - 1 year subscription
Child: Plan Z
Parent: Plan B - 6 month subscription
Parent: Plan C - 3 month subscription
Parent: Plan D - 1 month subscription

You would need to duplicate Plan Z a couple of times, but from sound of things they each need to be unique to their plans, so this shouldn't be an issue. The parent plans should be exclusive and allow upgrades to prevent duplicate plans. The child plans (Plan Z) should be NON-exclusive so it's optional for the user.

To prevent Plan Z from showing at registration (to only show when the user is logged in); edit the plan and select the workflows tab followed by changing Allow registration: to NO.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/10 02:52

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #121505 by iapmo
I am kinda looking for something similar...

I would like to have for example 3 plans...

1. Paid Membership-1
2. Paid Membership-2
3. Registered User (for store)

I would like to do this so if a guest buys from the store it is easier to throw them into a membership, with the store account the user will maintain their order history, and lastly it will help integrate CB with VM.

Is the best way of doing this by using a FREE parent plan?

Thanks.

14 years 3 months ago #121507 by tbream
Thanks Krileon -

You cleared up three key things for me:

1 - Child plans are exclusive to their parent. (e.g. the same child can't be associated with more than one parent)

2 - Parents must be exclusive and allow upgrades to prevent duplicates. Child plans should be non-exclusive to they will be optional

3 - And the child plan should be set with Allow Registration to No, which will keep the child plans to only appear when a user is logged in

As for iapmos' question, I think that this suggestion is applicable regardless of whether the parent is FREE or not

14 years 3 months ago #121511 by krileon
tbream,
Glad could be of help; correct on all 3 points.

iapmo,
Yes using a free parent plan would likely be best, but you could also just make plans 1-3 all parent exclusive plans if you preferred.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn