[SOLVED] Single Merch with multiple sub plans

14 years 2 months ago #121513 by d8tabyte
I have the following set up - I'd like to know if this is the best set-up for what I want to do.

I have a single product that I am selling, eventually there will be more choices as far as merchandise. There are 3 subscription plans. Free, Limited and Full. If someone is subscribed to the limited or the full and the account expires or is canceled, they revert back to Free status.

In order to be a Full or Limited member, you must purchase the merchandise. Anyone can be a free member.

I have it set up as follows:

Merchandise: - Parent Plan - non exclusive
Allow to upgrade (yes) - show automatically
Allow Reg. Propose spontaneously plan at registration: yes.

Limited: Child to merch. non exclusive - Allow to upgrade (yes) - show automatically Allow Reg. Propose spontaneously plan at registration: yes. - only one subscription at a time - yes

Full: Child to merch. non exclusive - Allow to upgrade (yes) - show automatically Allow Reg. Propose spontaneously plan at registration: yes. - only one subscription at a time - yes

Free: Top Level (not a child), non exclusive, selected by default, Allow to upgrade (no) - show automatically Allow Reg. Propose spontaneously plan at registration: yes. - only one subscription at a time - yes

I had a little trouble with users upgrading, where it wouldn't allow me to have the terms and conditions checked, so I turned that off (id prefer it on) and it was saying improper subscription configuration, so I changed it to what I have above... Ive had some registrations, but not any more upgrades.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/19 19:59

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #121545 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Single Merch with multiple sub plans
Hmmm, with that setup though it would seam you could subscribe to Limited, Full, and Free at the same time with them being non-Exclusive (non-Mandatory); this intentional? Please see following example setup:

Parent: Free - Exclusive, non-Upgrade, Default, Lifetime

Parent: Merchant - non-Exclusive
Child: Limited - Exclusive, Upgrade
Child: Full - Exclusive, Upgrade

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #124706 by d8tabyte
Replied by d8tabyte on topic Re:Single Merch with multiple sub plans
Ok - I ran into a relatively big issue with my setup and I am not sure what caused it, so I'll post how its configured and you can tell me where I went wrong (hopefully). What happened is, my first month of recurring payments came due - paypal handled the billing just fine, but in the admin panel of CBsubs, it showed them as expired, thus removing their access to protected areas.

I have 2 setups:

Affiliate and Merchandise - both are exclusive

For the Affiliate plan, I allow users to become an affiliate for 1$ (for 30 days) then based on if they chose limited (27) or Full (49.95) they are set up recurring indefinitely (until cancel).

Plan settings:

PARENT
Merch: Affiliate 1$
Exclusive
Price: 1$
Total number of occurrences: 1
Prorate: no
Default: yes
allow reg: yes
Propose spontaneously: no
Allow upgrade: yes
Propose for upgrade: yes

CHILD
Subscription: Limited 27$
Exclusive
Is the first amount and period different: Yes
First payment price of plan: 0.00
Initial validity duration: 30 days
Regular Price of plan: 27$
Regular Validity duration: 30 days
Total number of occurrences of regular validity/price: 0
Auto-renewals with auto-recurring payments: YES
Renewable in advance by: only after expiration
Grace Period: none
Default: no

CHILD
Subscription: Full 49.95$
Exclusive

For the Merchandise it is the similar and there is a FREE lifetime option:

PARENT
Merch: Course 329$
Exclusive
Price: 329$
Total number of occurrences: 1
Default: yes
Propose spontaneously: yes

CHILD
Subscription: Free Lifetime 0.00$
Exclusive
Is the first amount and period different: always the same price
Auto-renewals with auto-recurring payments: NO
Default: Yes
Propose spontaneously: Yes

CHILD
Subscription: Limited 27$
Exclusive

CHILD
Subscription: Full 49.95$
Exclusive

14 years 1 month ago #124751 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Single Merch with multiple sub plans
If the subscription is expired that would indicate the user possible canceled the recurring payment on Paypal instead of allowing it to auto-bill them. Please see your IPN history within your Paypal account to see if the IPN was sent for those users subscriptions which are expired. Please also see CBSubs history and any entries relating to that subscription. B)

The following configuration could also be of issue. Renewable in advance by: only after expiration this means Paypal can't/won't charge the user and send the IPN BEFORE the subscription expires; this means it could expire for possibly an entire day depending on when Paypal sends the users IPN! You should set this to a moderate period (recommend at least 24 hours). Grace Period: none this means when the plan hits expiration date it instantly expires; users should be given some "cushion room" to provide you with the next payment; I would recommend at least 24 hours. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #124760 by d8tabyte
Replied by d8tabyte on topic Re:Single Merch with multiple sub plans
Okay I figured those were suspect. I DID receive payment - it seems it canceled it before receiving IPN

thanks, I'll try that.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn