direct acess through url only

14 years 1 month ago #124859 by lascolat
direct acess through url only was created by lascolat
I have 3 base plans:

Free
Monthly
Annual

With the monthly and annual granting access to additional content (for a fee obviously). What I want to be able to do is offer, via email, a "free 2 week pass" to all content (such as is available in Monthly or annual plan) several weeks into a free membership (set up already through autoresponder so no issue on how to deliver the url link).

I have played with it and I cannot get a situation where the plan will not show up in registration or when required for access BUT can still be selected (as a non exclusive plan) through a link in the email.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #124922 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:direct acess through url only
Using URL access will work only if URL is access OR if protected area is accessed. At this time you can not to my knowledge set to URL only. You may hide it from registration of course by setting the plan to not allow registration (workflows tab of your plan), but of course will still show if the location attempting to be accessed requires the plan (won't show at registration user must be logged in to see it). B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #131587 by klempit
Replied by klempit on topic Re:direct acess through url only
krileon wrote:

Using URL access will work only if URL is access OR if protected area is accessed. At this time you can not to my knowledge set to URL only. ...

Gents: this is a real use-case limitation of the CB Subs system. Our need (and we can't be alone here) is to have more than one offer being made through more than one channel (different promotional elements and/or different sources) but resulting in the same access privileges for more than one plan. It would make this possible if we had direct URL only access to a plan with registration possible so that we can sell subscriptions with different price points/incentives gaining the same content/menu access privileges. Hiding at registration doesn't do it, as one cannot create landing pages incorporating the plan and registration in an iframe.

Can you add this to the queue with some priority? Need more information/use case description?

Thanks,

13 years 11 months ago #131620 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:direct acess through url only
It is on our.. very large.. to do list; we've other more pressing issues with priority at this time, but we will get to all of them when possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn