[#1590] Authorize.net ARB and upgrading

14 years 3 weeks ago #125627 by dmh357
Hi,

I love CBsubs and it is working well. I Have one question I have been unable to resolve.

ANy comments would be greatly appreciated.

When a person upgrades from a monthly to a 6
month or annual plan, the old plan is still in effect and has to be manually deleted from authorize.net. If they don't catch it then it can process the
monthly fees over and over again. The new subscription plan goes through ok but it does not remove the one they upgraded from.

The tech guy at authorize.net said that it should be our system that sends authorize.net the cancel information for the old plan when the new plan is established for that member.

Authorize.net also said that our system should be able to actually prorate the monthly amount when someone upgrades based on how many days are left in the month before their next billing when they upgrade to an annual or every six months.

Right now if you have prorate on then it refunds the entire previous months amount and not just the # of days left. He said that Authorize.net will take whatever the prorated amount is from our system that is passed to them and provide that amount as a credit. He said our system must be set up to refund a full month vs just the number of days left?

I guess the question is

1) can we have it automatically tell authorize.net to cancel the old membership when the new upgraded one is processed?

2) can we have our prorate feature (if turned on) prorate based on # of days left vs refund for the entire previous month paid?

I have been through the forum and the docs and cannot seem to find a solution. Could someone please advise?

Thanks!

Post edited by: dmh357, at: 2010/03/02 01:58

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/20 23:04

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #125732 by krileon

1) can we have it automatically tell authorize.net to cancel the old membership when the new upgraded one is processed?

This depends entirely on how you've setup your plans. It's possible to have multiple plans and if the upgrade is done say from 1 non-exclusive plan to another non-exclusive plan; you've actually subscribed to BOTH plans. Could you please provide how you've setup your plans?

2) can we have our prorate feature (if turned on) prorate based on # of days left vs refund for the entire previous month paid?

This is how prorating already functions, but your plans must be setup correctly for prorating to function. For example 2 child plans, but both are exclusive. If you subscribe to A then upgrade to B; you will be prorated accordingly. Same applies for 2 parent plans. Please provide your plan setup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #125833 by dmh357
K,

We have basically 3 member ships, monthly, six months, and annual.

Here are the settings...

ARB - Authorize.net

Monthly

Parent plan: Top
Exclusive plan: Exclusive
Is the first amount and period different: Same
Regular Validity duration: 1 Month
Total number of occurrences: 0
Prorate remaining: Nop
Renewable in advance by: No
Grace period: 7 days
Auto-recurring renewals: Yes
Allow upgrade to this: Yes
Propose spontaneously plan for upgrades: Yes
Multiple subscriptions per user: No

6 Months

Regular Validity duration: 6 Months

Anual

Regular Validity duration: 1 year

Thanks,

Doug

14 years 2 weeks ago #126189 by dmh357
Any help??

14 years 2 weeks ago #126210 by krileon
Apologize for the delay, had passed your thread along, but did not receive attention.

It would seam prorating is not functioning because you've not set prorating for your plans. Please see your configuration as follows.

Prorate remaining: Nop (assumed No?)

Please set this to yes for prorating of your plans. CBSubs does not actually refund any amount back to the user, but adjusts their new subscription (one upgrading to) based off what they've paid and for how long on their previous subscription.

Typically in your scenario you might be better setting your plans as child plans rather then all 3 being parents. Example as follows.

Parent: Plan XYZ - Free, Exclusive
Child: Monthly - Exclusive
Child: 6 Months - Exclusive, Upgrade, Prorate
Child: Annually - Exclusive, Upgrade, Prorate

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 weeks ago #126333 by beat
Hi Doug,

Please let us know when you have checked the prorating, and ARB unsubscription.

I've picked up your report and flagged it as waiting for your feedback as

Thanks,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn