Two Payment options: 4 access levels (same in each

14 years 1 month ago #126385 by Hollygtn
Hi, I was hoping someone could advise on the proper way to set up this plan.

I have a month to month plan and an annual plan.

The site has 4 areas which are video tutorials divided based on skills being learned. The admin for the site will manually upgrade them from beginner to intermediate, to advanced, to professional. This will be based on test results un-related to CB or CBSubs.

I'm assuming I set the four levels up at children? What settings do I use so that there is not payment impact?

Thanks in advance!

Holly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126405 by krileon
You can use 5 plans with your selections being Child plans of a Parent plan; this would in a sense determine a "category" for your plans. You can also just use 4 Parent plans. For no price simply set all your plans to be free (price of 0).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126407 by Hollygtn
Kyle,
Let me clarify. They pay either monthly or annual. That gives them access to beginner. The transition up the 3 more categories of training videos is not fee based. It is skill based. That transition will be changed by the admin. They won't "see" the levels at subscription time because they don't get to choose their level. Everyone starts at beginner. By the time they get to the top level they have access to all four levels.

The levels are the same whether they are on the monthly or annual plan.

I'm not sure what parameters to select.

Thanks,
Holly

14 years 1 month ago #126452 by krileon
Aah, you're wanting a backend only plan; yes this is very doable. Please see the parameter Allow access from site frontend: on the Access tab. Setting this to NO will allow you to only assign the plan via backend and users can not obtain it via frontend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126474 by Hollygtn
Thanks for your help so far. Appreciate it.

I have done it correctly so far I think. I set up the "top" level as "Monthly". Then set up 4 more child plans as beginner, intermediate, advanced, professional.

I set up the access areas for each. For the four "behind the scenes" plans:
They are set up as not exclusive, no children. I don't allow registration or upgrades. I don't allow new subscriptions or front end access.

As for pricing, I didn't know what to do because the cost should be tied to the Monthly plan as are the renewal timing. I didnt see how to make the other four plans have n/a.

They all look "linked" in the list w/ that linking graphic. There are a few issues though:

1) I don't know where to go to upgrade a user to the next level? Where is the backend administration of these plans that are not visible?
2) When you go to the site and you are not logged in, the "beginner" gets a registration form as does the intermediate. But the advanced and professional don't even look protected, no form is shown. What setting drives the presentation of the registration form?
3) I set up a Paypal Gateway to test the registration of the plan. It says the payment is pending in CBSubs. But, paypal sent an email saying payment was successful. Any ideas why?

Thanks in advance!

Holly

Post edited by: Hollygtn, at: 2010/03/11 00:00

14 years 1 month ago #126550 by krileon

1) I don't know where to go to upgrade a user to the next level? Where is the backend administration of these plans that are not visible?

Edit the user in User Management, this will allow you to give the user a different subscription via their Subscriptions tab.

2) When you go to the site and you are not logged in, the "beginner" gets a registration form as does the intermediate. But the advanced and professional don't even look protected, no form is shown. What setting drives the presentation of the registration form?

When trying to access a protected area the registration form is present with the plans required to access that area. If the area is protected by all 4 plans then all 4 plans will display, but you need to ensure you've configured your plans accordingly.

The best approach is start with 1 plan, configure its beginner access. Copy it, then add more access and adjust price, save; copy, rinse repeat. This will give you 4 perfectly configured progressive plans.

3) I set up a Paypal Gateway to test the registration of the plan. It says the payment is pending in CBSubs. But, paypal sent an email saying payment was successful. Any ideas why?

It's possible you have not configured your Paypal account and Payment Gateway correctly; please see your CBSubs manual for detailed step by step instructions (page 118).

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/11 17:42

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn