Backend Registration - required fields

14 years 1 month ago #126429 by thompsonmi
Backend Registration - required fields was created by thompsonmi
I have curently set up 2 subscriptions, one for free users and one for paying users. In both subscriptions Username, Email and Password are required fields.

I have also created another subscrption for 'special users'(for people without an email account) where Username, Email and Password are not required. This subscription can only be created by adminsitrators on behalf of the users in the backend. (e.g: a user fax's across there details, and an adminsitrator creates an account for them in the backend of community builder).

I come accorss a problem with the required fields, because the 'special users' do not require to input a Username, Email or Password. When i try to save there details without inputting this data i get a 'required fields error'

So basically what i am trying to create are 3 subscriptions:
- 2 created in the front end where Username, Email and Password are required
- 1 created in the backed where they are not required.

so is there a way of restricting the required cb fields to different subscriptions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126449 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Backend Registration - required fields
It's not possible to create a user without username, email, or password. All 3 are critical Joomla and CB fields; something MUST be provided, sorry. There is no way to restrict these fields in backend, this can only be done on frontend via Hide fields on registration for your plans, but again you can not register without those critical fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127561 by textrix
Replied by textrix on topic Re:Backend Registration - required fields
Thanks for the info.

What if I just want to stop sending confirmation e-mails to users I register on the back-end. That way they are in my database, but are not necesarily web users. Is this possible?

I've tried "solution" in Joomla forums (com_user), but CB is unaffected.

Would very much appreciate your help.

Thanks.

14 years 1 month ago #127575 by krileon
To disable confirmation emails you'll need to configure CB to not require email confirmation before registration. See CB Configuration followed by Registration tab. However, this will still of course send a Welcome email. Best approach is to just blank out the Welcome and Pending email messages to prevent them from sending at all.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127673 by textrix
Replied by textrix on topic Re:Backend Registration - required fields
Thanks. Doesn't quite do what I need, though.

Interesting that users registered in the backend do not generate registration e-mails to admin. Figured it would be a simple fix.

Going low-tech and inserting fake e-mail at registration, saving, and then "editing" the created user with true e-mail address. Not very elegant, but seems to do the job.

Thanks for taking the time anyway.

14 years 1 month ago #127697 by krileon
Sorry, misunderstood your post; understood you wanted to remove the welcome email from sending to uses when created in backend.

However, indeed backend creation of users does not send an email to moderators. It's possible to create a CB plugin using CB triggers to send an email to users created via backend. Please see tutorials in signature for further trigger usage. The trigger you'll need for backend user creation is onAfterNewUser.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn