Backend Registration - required fields

14 years 1 month ago #127756 by textrix
Replied by textrix on topic Re:Backend Registration - required fields
Thanks again.

You did understand me correctly. I want to stop welcome mails to users for users registered from the backend.

Users who register from the front end should still get messages.

I found $user->sendEmail='0'; in the admin controller, and changed that to 1, but did not make any difference. (Hey, I was desperate!)

What I'm trying to do is to use CB to manage all our team's contacts, whether the user has a web account or not.

The current contact options require that we re-input info from existing users, which is not very efficient.

If you come up with a bright idea to help out, I would be very grateful.

Susana

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127824 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Backend Registration - required fields

You did understand me correctly. I want to stop welcome mails to users for users registered from the backend.

Sorry there is no quick and easy way to accomplish this. Users will still receive the Welcome email if created via backend as intended. You could just an invalid email address when creating the user such as changemen@invalid, save the user to create them, then edit the user and put their real email address in. They will then not receive a Welcome email.

I found $user->sendEmail='0'; in the admin controller, and changed that to 1, but did not make any difference. (Hey, I was desperate!)

This will cause the user to receive moderator emails, you might want to reconsider enabling this for users. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.098 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn