cb fields on upgrade

14 years 2 weeks ago #126539 by thompsonmi
cb fields on upgrade was created by thompsonmi
I have created a subscription plan 'Plan A' which has the option to upgrade to 'Plan B',

1) In order to upgrade to Plan B the user must first fill in some extra fields, (I want them to fill in a text field, which gives their reason for upgrading).

2)Once they have chosen to upgrade I want their account to be approved by a moderator , i.e their upgrade will not become active until a moderator has approved.

I come accross problems in step 1 because cbsubs does not display any fields upon upgrade, even if they are visble in the workflows. Is there any way to make the user input data into fields before upgrading them?

I also come across problems in step 2 because their account becomes automatically approved. Is there any way of not enabling the users upgrade until it has been approved by a moderator, e.g they will still be able to use 'Plan A' as normal, but cannot not use the upgrade to 'Plan B' until it has been approved.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #126551 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:cb fields on upgrade

I come accross problems in step 1 because cbsubs does not display any fields upon upgrade, even if they are visble in the workflows. Is there any way to make the user input data into fields before upgrading them?

Believe what you're needing is some sort for form for users to submit to a moderator via email for reason to upgrade, upon approval (after review of email); user would be sent the URL to the plan (which is only visible via URL). Can not think of a way of going about how you're wanting it.

2)Once they have chosen to upgrade I want their account to be approved by a moderator , i.e their upgrade will not become active until a moderator has approved.

Sorry, there is no payment approval processor except for Offline Payments, which require check or cash to be mailed in. Payments are automatically processor. Account approval is already done as user can login already. These settings are strictly for new users at registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 weeks ago #126552 by thompsonmi
Replied by thompsonmi on topic Re:cb fields on upgrade
1) ok, but is there any way to make a user input extra fields before they can upgrade, because i will also require them to input information such as, address and phone number before they can upgrade. At the moment the user can simply choose 'Plan B' and press the upgrade button, and then they are automaticaly upgraded

2)the upgrade does not require payments. the upgrade simply allows users to access more URL's within the website. Is there a way of setting the upgrade to 'Pending approval', similar to the way 'New Users' can be registered.

14 years 2 weeks ago #126581 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:cb fields on upgrade

1) ok, but is there any way to make a user input extra fields before they can upgrade, because i will also require them to input information such as, address and phone number before they can upgrade. At the moment the user can simply choose 'Plan B' and press the upgrade button, and then they are automaticaly upgraded

BEFORE upgrading? Unfortunately to my knowledge, no. What you can do is protect the fields you want the user to enter information into and of course also setting them to required by "Plan B" thus once a user upgrades they'll now have those fields that they need to provide information for as required.

2)the upgrade does not require payments. the upgrade simply allows users to access more URL's within the website. Is there a way of setting the upgrade to 'Pending approval', similar to the way 'New Users' can be registered.

Yes, make the only payment gateway available for the plan as Offline Payments (change the Owner ID of the payment gateway and Plan, this should keep it unique to just that plan). Offline Payments must be processed or "approved" by a admin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.454 seconds