[SOLVED] Advise on setting up plans

14 years 1 week ago #127177 by sunjeev
[SOLVED] Advise on setting up plans was created by sunjeev
Hello

Can you suggest the best way to set up my plans. I understand that nested child plans are not supported?

I have two types of users;
A: Personal
B: Company

I am using Mosets Tree as an article component that allows company's to submit & list their news in their company type category. Eg Architects can only list in Architecture category.
I have set up the Architects Plan to load a menu module with a add listing link to the Architecture section.

Heres the problem:
There can be hundreds of company types requiring their own individual modules and subsequently their own subscription plan. Company types can also have sub-types.

Furthermore i intend to have 3 company plans.
1.free trial
2.1yr paid
3.3yr paid
4.lifetime paid

If i allowed users to list their articles by navigating to their Mosets category i don't have a problem as then i dont need individual plans to control the add listing link modules. But then users can publish in the wrong category and so the process will not be very intuitive. In this case I would have a single Company Profile Plan with the price ommitted and 4 child plans, then I can create select fields in CB to allow users to selct their company type.

How can i set this up ?

Post edited by: sunjeev, at: 2010/03/17 23:34

Post edited by: sunjeev, at: 2010/03/17 23:34

Post edited by: sunjeev, at: 2010/03/17 23:35

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/19 19:23

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 week ago #127226 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Advise on setting up plans

How can i set this up ?

You've already explained how in your post. :lol:

Create the following plans using 1 of the cases below.

Case 1
PARENT - free trial
CHILD - 1yr paid (exclusive, allow upgrade)
CHILD - 3yr paid (exclusive, allow upgrade)
CHILD - lifetime paid (exclusive, allow upgrade)

Case 2
PARENT - free trial (exclusive, allow upgrade)
PARENT - 1yr paid (exclusive, allow upgrade)
PARENT - 3yr paid (exclusive, allow upgrade)
PARENT - lifetime paid (exclusive, allow upgrade)

Then create a drop-down field within Field Management containing your companies. Please see the following quote of your own post.

In this case I would have a single Company Profile Plan with the price ommitted and 4 child plans, then I can create select fields in CB to allow users to selct their company type.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 week ago #127252 by sunjeev
Replied by sunjeev on topic Re:Advise on setting up plans
sorry yes i understand that case1=personal case2=company but then how can i control modules for company types. i need to apply some sort of logic that says if cbfield company type=architect then load module 1. Basically i want to avoid creating hundreds of plans.

14 years 1 week ago #127295 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Advise on setting up plans
sunjeev wrote:

sorry yes i understand that case1=personal case2=company but then how can i control modules for company types. i need to apply some sort of logic that says if cbfield company type=architect then load module 1. Basically i want to avoid creating hundreds of plans.

You'll need a custom plugin for this; CBSubs can not do this. It has no field based conditional modules. You'll need to edit the modules directly to check the users field or create a Joomla plugin that utilizes Joomla triggers to determine what module should display. Another option is to possibly use CB Content to build your menu as it supports substitutions so you could do something like the following.

[code:1]
[cb:if type="architect"]<a href="URL">Create Article</a>[/cb:if]
[/code:1]

The above would ONLY show that URL if the field "type" is equal to "architect". This would mean you only need 1 module to achieve what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 week ago #127328 by sunjeev
Thanks!

I am testing your cbcontent module theory and it seems to work beautifully. This will save me days/weeks of work! Keep up the good work.

Q.Is there any limit to how many code lines i can add?

14 years 1 week ago #127461 by sunjeev
hello

ive discovered a problem, i need a conditional field...is there a plugin available?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn